Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to title this post ????????

2 posters

Go down

How to title this post ???????? Empty How to title this post ????????

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Met another board member today ......

First ride on a stock S model ......

My pampered ass ......

I really like my bike ......

My pampered ass .....

Some times you just have to say to hell with it ......

Okay here is the deal, My son and I met up with Wiggans50cal this morning. See this post for the why
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/darksiders-riding-through-missouri-t1391.htm
Met up with him in decatur Il. B.S.ed for a little while then we rode acorss the street into a big parking lot. There I turned him loose on my scoot so he could get the feel of it. After about 10 minutes we were ready to head out. Now I have to tell you that I have had time to forget how much I hate riding without a shield on a scoot. We swapped bikes for about a 40 mile ride, Dude and I on Wiggans S model and him on my darksided C model. I hate riding without a shield. Do you get the point there? Other than no shield it was cool to ride a stock bike again just to see how it pulled when throttling it up. I really think that louder pipes make it pull harder .... okay i am just full of it ..... but I swear it does Laughing Wiggans seems to be a good guy. Wont even hold it against him that his background is all sport bikes Very Happy He has come to his senses now Very Happy Laughing After our ride I do believe he will be a darksider soon. He said he was expecting it to have to be handled like a log truck and was surprised that it took so little input to throw it over. He was impressed even before we got into the parking lot as he watched me throw it over and drag hard parts turning into the parking lot. His few minutes in the lot I think were enough to convince him that it works but after our longer ride I do believe the tire sold itself. All you Spoke riders be prepared for a bunch of questions about sealing rims and which tubes to go with the bigger tires. And which tires yall are using. He seemed pretty pumped up about it. I thought that it was mainly the stock C seat that sucked so bad ... wow I was wrong. The S seat sucks just as bad only in a different way. Dude commented on the passenger side of it too so I am convinced it is the whole seat. It was nice to ride another scoot but I was glad to get back on my own. My tunes, my fairing my seat ..... I am a big fan of the C bars too. Always wondered how I would like the S/R setup ...... now I know. I am so glad I bought the C. To those of yall not riding a vtx sorry to get into the differences between the models.

Yall have a great weekend
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

How to title this post ???????? Empty Re: How to title this post ????????

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Awesome Smokey! Thanks for showing someone the "light" of the darkside....hehehehehe

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down