Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm coming over...

+2
jedishon
Bullyrider
6 posters

Go down

I'm coming over... Empty I'm coming over...

Post  Bullyrider Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:50 am

To the Dark Side!!!!! Have been thinking about it for a while now, and while I was out ridin' Thursday I found a shop that will mount the DS tire for me cheers This is the main reason I hadn't done it sooner Wink Went yesterday and bought the Falken Zeis 195/65/15.

I have a couple buddies that have been running these for years and swear they'll never go back to a mc/tire. I have read all the should's and shouldn't's of running a ct but the only way I'll know if it's for me is try it...anything else is hearsay.

I run 440 miles a week, and that's just back and forth to work. That's not counting all the ridin' I do on the w/e. I go through tires at a pretty good clip so I'm ready to try something else, I 've read where people have 15,000 mile on their ct and they still look brand new. If that's the case, then this is for me Wink

I look forward to learning a lot from you guy's both from your experiences, now and in the past. At least any advice I get here will be tried and true......Chuck
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

I'm coming over... Empty Re: I'm coming over...

Post  jedishon Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 am

welcome to the site...What are you riding?....Join in anytiime

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:07 am

jedishon wrote:welcome to the site...What are you riding?....Join in anytiime

Jerry

I'm sorry Embarassed I have an 05 C90T.
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:06 pm

welcome! Let us know what you think!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Don't do it! It's a cult! Nobody here actually rides a car tire, it's all made up... you'll crash and die in a horrible fire ball! LOL

Welcome. Smile
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:49 am

Morgan Buchanan wrote:Don't do it! It's a cult! Nobody here actually rides a car tire, it's all made up... you'll crash and die in a horrible fire ball! LOL

Welcome. Smile

Bwwwwhaahahahahahahaha Morgan, you slay me........... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:49 am

Hey Bullyrider,

Welcome and let us know how it comes out?...... Very Happy Darkside Rulz!

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am

Welcome Chuck...just don't tell HC. Wink
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Morgan Buchanan wrote:Don't do it! It's a cult! Nobody here actually rides a car tire, it's all made up... you'll crash and die in a horrible fire ball! LOL

Welcome. Smile

Very Happy Well since the Bully only has 3.7 gallon tank......it won't be too big of a fire Wink
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:Welcome Chuck...just don't tell HC. Wink

Thank's Toasted!! This is a great site you have here!! Lots of good information..

"just don't tell HC"....lmao!
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:38 am

Well....I'm still trying to get over....lol. Finally got the tire on the wheel but the machine the fella had, he couldn't balance it cause the axel hole was too small for his machine Sad

So then I carried it to a tire shop....same problem. So there's a cycle shop close to my work that put a DS tire on a buddy of mine's LC a couple of years ago, gonna give him a call today and see if he'll balance it for me?

Well..... gotta go rob a bank so I can put gas in my truck for one more day...lol.....I will letcha know if I get it balanced today or not.......
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 am

Bullyrider wrote:
Toasted_311 wrote:Welcome Chuck...just don't tell HC. Wink

Thank's Toasted!! This is a great site you have here!! Lots of good information..

"just don't tell HC"....lmao!

I was hoping you'd know who I was talking about. Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 am

Bullyrider wrote: Very Happy Well since the Bully only has 3.7 gallon tank......it won't be too big of a fire Wink

Then by all means, ride on! Smile

If you're having trouble getting the tire balanced, why not just go with dynabeads?
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:00 pm

After all the running around believe it or not, the dang thing was perfectly balanced after all!! Got it installed back on the bike this afternoon and so far I REALLY like it!!

Smoother and seems to brake better as well. After I got it back on the bike it was raining.....and I was wondering how it would handle in the rain, soooooo off I go..lol.

Good down pour, standing water on the roads....handled like a champ.

I am currently running 35 psi I weigh 170-175 and my wife weighs......(had to look over my shoulder Wink ) 125-130 and we ride a pretty good bit of two up, so should I leave it at 35 psi instead of playing with it between 32-35?

Will give a better review after I get a few hundred miles on it.....stay tuned Wink

BTW....Any and all feedback is wecome....Chuck
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:16 am

I would check with your buddies and see what they are running at first.....but like I've heard why mess with a good thing...If it feels good you can go with 2 lbs up and 2 lbs down to see if it feels any better.... Have fun riding....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:59 am

jedishon wrote:I would check with your buddies and see what they are running at first.....but like I've heard why mess with a good thing...If it feels good you can go with 2 lbs up and 2 lbs down to see if it feels any better.... Have fun riding....

Jerry

Thanks Jerry....I asked one of my buddies and he said he never ran below 38 for two up.
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:08 am

Bully,

I never run below 38 on either darkside I owned. My first was a 165 and we ran those around 41- 45 psi. The wideside (205) I run around 40 psi. The tire really shines when you ride two up! That's when it will really show what it can do.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Darkside. I know it took you a little bit to get here, but it's worth it. That tire should last you so long that you will forget what it's like to change a rear tire. I expect at least two years of service out of my Douglas......... Very Happy

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullyrider Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:02 pm

twin1300 wrote:Bully,

I never run below 38 on either darkside I owned. My first was a 165 and we ran those around 41- 45 psi. The wideside (205) I run around 40 psi. The tire really shines when you ride two up! That's when it will really show what it can do.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Darkside. I know it took you a little bit to get here, but it's worth it. That tire should last you so long that you will forget what it's like to change a rear tire. I expect at least two years of service out of my Douglas......... Very Happy

Thanks Bobby, I am looking forward to getting some miles under my belt with the DS. I have about 100 now and can already tell the difference in the way it "floats" compared to before Wink
I am really anxious to see what my wife says when she rides on it for the first time Very Happy
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Bullyrider wrote:
twin1300 wrote:Bully,

Thanks Bobby, I am looking forward to getting some miles under my belt with the DS. I have about 100 now and can already tell the difference in the way it "floats" compared to before Wink
I am really anxious to see what my wife says when she rides on it for the first time Very Happy

My wife wanted to know what I did to the bike while we had gone a couple of miles...I played stupid (which aint hard for me to do) and asked why? She said is it the car tire because it is so much smoother....hehehehe Very Happy

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum