Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch the rearview

5 posters

Go down

Watch the rearview Empty Watch the rearview

Post  Tanglefoot Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:21 pm

This afternoon after enjoying a mid-morning ride as I was approaching my driveway, turned on the right turn signal, geared down to 3rd gear and checked my rear view mirror. A car (white Honda) driven by a young woman came around a curve about a quartermile behind me and was closing the distance between us faster than the posted 45 MPH speed limit. I realized she wasn't going to slow down so I twisted the throttle on my big Valkyrie Interstate and got instant separation. She realized a bike was turning and hit her brakes but it wouldn't have been in time. She would have hit me before I reached the driveway. She was in her mid-twenties and talking on a cell phone. It is strange how much information you can gather in a short amount of time. My sinuses cleared very quickly with the rush of adrenaline. I slowed down so I could chew her out but she wouldn't get close enough for me to throw a rock and hit her. I turned into a Stop & Rob store at the end of the road and lucky for her the light was green and she hurried through and never looked in my direction to see me shaking my fist at her. It is good that she made the light because I would have been tapping on her window to have a little conversation with her. Watch your rear when you are turning not once in a while but everytime.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Watch the rearview Empty Re: Watch the rearview

Post  jedishon Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 pm

Solid advice.....Glad you avoided any trouble....I always check the mirrors before hitting my brakes....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:18 am

Tanglefoot
Same thing happend to me yesterday. I was pulling to the drive and a punk kid on a cell phone cahrged toward me from behind. I jumped up on the side walk infrount of my house. I chased him through the neighbor hood where he continued to speed. There were children playing in the area too, so I did not push the speed while following him. I ended up not catching up with him but ended up riding another hour or so looking for him even went out of town for a good ride. Worked out pretty well. I know what he drives and I will cross paths with him again.

Yall watch your 20 and be safe.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:59 am

See Tanglefoot if you and Mr Smokey had put that 50 hp motor on the back of that thing you could have caught her..... But seriously glad you looked in time and did not get hurt. I will come down there in true coonass fashion and whoop some ass if ya need me too Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:01 pm

mrssmokey2255 wrote:See Tanglefoot if you and Mr Smokey had put that 50 hp motor on the back of that thing you could have caught her..... But seriously glad you looked in time and did not get hurt. I will come down there in true coonass fashion and whoop some ass if ya need me too Twisted Evil

Dont sing it bring it.
Yall come on.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm

mrssmokey2255 wrote:See Tanglefoot if you and Mr Smokey had put that 50 hp motor on the back of that thing you could have caught her..... But seriously glad you looked in time and did not get hurt. I will come down there in true coonass fashion and whoop some ass if ya need me too Twisted Evil
She was talking on a cell phone and I think that is about to be illegal here in Louisiana. I hope it becomes law soon. Probably wont stop all the use of hand helds and the Bluetooth will have a lot of business.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 am

Way to pay attention Tanglefoot!......Awesome job!

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks to a friend who kept telling me to remember to keep an eye on who is coming up behind you. They can't see a motorcycle because they are not paying attention.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Tanglefoot wrote:Thanks to a friend who kept telling me to remember to keep an eye on who is coming up behind you. They can't see a motorcycle because they are not paying attention.

Yeah that Bobby comes up with some intelligent stuff every now and again. Laughing It's great to have people in your life to laugh and play with and still learn from one another.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content