Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Front Tire!

5 posters

Go down

New Front Tire! Empty New Front Tire!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Well this is another training weekend for MSF and I hate to NOT show up on my Motorcycle. My front tire was just plain BALD. So,anyways... I had ordered a new KENDA tire and it never got shipped.... I called and cancelled the order. So.... I broke down and went to the Honda Stealership and got a Dunlop 404... it was all they had. Damn $115 too! Yuck...

Oh well got it installed tonight in my garage. WOW... it sure was easier to seat the bead!!! ha ha ha!!! it was a no brainer... I tell you what it sure it nice having my own lift, tire changer with motorcycle attachements and air compressor and tools... Very NICE!! did all the work myself. Love it.

So... the new tire is on... I actually can't complain... the other Dunlop was the OEM tire and it got me 15,088 miles... Granted it was as bald as a baby's bottom... but it made it.

I sure was looking forward to tryin that Kenda tire out though .... oh well maybe next time... Very Happy
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

New Front Tire! Empty Re: New Front Tire!

Post  jedishon Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:30 am

Sorry to hear you had to go the stealer route....Just got a metz ME 880 150/80/17 delivered to my door for about the same price(113.99)....inquiring minds want to know, where did you get your tire changing equipment.....I've been looking around and cant really find something that would work for under a grand....Too cheap for that..

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:05 pm

DarkSide-Shadow wrote:Well this is another training weekend for MSF and I hate to NOT show up on my Motorcycle. My front tire was just plain BALD. So,anyways... I had ordered a new KENDA tire and it never got shipped.... I called and cancelled the order. So.... I broke down and went to the Honda Stealership and got a Dunlop 404... it was all they had. Damn $115 too! Yuck...

Oh well got it installed tonight in my garage. WOW... it sure was easier to seat the bead!!! ha ha ha!!! it was a no brainer... I tell you what it sure it nice having my own lift, tire changer with motorcycle attachements and air compressor and tools... Very NICE!! did all the work myself. Love it.

So... the new tire is on... I actually can't complain... the other Dunlop was the OEM tire and it got me 15,088 miles... Granted it was as bald as a baby's bottom... but it made it.

I sure was looking forward to tryin that Kenda tire out though .... oh well maybe next time... Very Happy

Sorry to here you could not get the Kenda. it is an awesome tire. I got mine right away. no telling what happened. good to here you are back on the road though. Yes it is nice doing your own maintence and tire changes. makes you feel closer to your bike. like your a part of it. What a Face
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:07 pm

the shipping co. doesn't make stops in every city , at least that is what thay told me when i orderd a tire . I live in south Georga and i orderd a tire from jacksonville Fl. about 100 miles away, it was sent from jacksonville to miami to atlanta then back to miami and was lost there . it took a week for them to let me know that it was lost , so i canxled that order and called a new dealer ,found a cheeper tire, $48.90 and had them send it with a dif. shipping co . (UP$ ground) i got it in one day $12`shipping. so it realy is not the people that send it out but who thay use to ship it. It seems to me some shippers ( no names ) loose things more then others and charge more doing it.

Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

New Front Tire! Empty new tire

Post  Blade Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:23 am

Glad to hear you got a new tire that old one was dangerous to say the least ,you need to P M me OR E mail the route we want to take so I can start making Plans ,or just call you got the # ,we are going out of town on July 1-4 on a trip to Louis.but any time after that will be good.Blade
Blade
Blade

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-09

http://www.bvrsales.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:26 pm

jedishon wrote:Sorry to hear you had to go the stealer route....Just got a metz ME 880 150/80/17 delivered to my door for about the same price(113.99)....inquiring minds want to know, where did you get your tire changing equipment.....I've been looking around and cant really find something that would work for under a grand....Too cheap for that..

Jerry

Jerry, I Just have the lift, tire changer and motorcycle attachments from Harbour Freight. I love my set up.. I did however mount it to the floor in my garage. Works like a charm for me.. It is manual, not electric. I also have several home made tire irons and a couple purchased tire irons. got all my equipment for less than $200 or maybe even less than that.. I can't remember.....

DAvid
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:54 pm

David, glad its working for you. Most of the reports for the harbor freight setup are negative.
Mounting it to the floor might be the trick. Thanks for the info...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum