Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside Roadlner

5 posters

Go down

Darkside Roadlner Empty Darkside Roadlner

Post  sfredendall Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Just got my General Altimax HP 215-60 17 put on. No problems with mounting or install.
First ride i could feel the difference in the handling. seems a little loose or jerky in the steering. I need a little more riding to get use to the new tire.

sfredendall

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Darkside Roadlner Empty Re: Darkside Roadlner

Post  demingrickjames Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 am

It does take a few rides to get used to it. I think, with me anyway, it was more of a confidence issue than anything. I didn't have complete confidence in the car tire, so I was kind of fighting it at first. Once I had 500 miles or so on the tire, and got the pressure where I liked the ride, all the "squirreliness" went away. Once you realize that the tire really isn"t going to dump you on your ass you just go back to riding like you were before, And really only remember there"s a car tire back there when someone asks you about it.
demingrickjames
demingrickjames

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 am

demingrickjames wrote:It does take a few rides to get used to it. I think, with me anyway, it was more of a confidence issue than anything. I didn't have complete confidence in the car tire, so I was kind of fighting it at first. Once I had 500 miles or so on the tire, and got the pressure where I liked the ride, all the "squirreliness" went away. Once you realize that the tire really isn"t going to dump you on your ass you just go back to riding like you were before, And really only remember there"s a car tire back there when someone asks you about it.

+1.....It's 99% mental and finding the correct air pressure for your tire. Many people have said the same thing only to find out they tried and couldn't make the tire slip or slide. Give it a couple hundred miles and you will realize this is one of the best things you ever done......... Very Happy

What air pressure are you running????????

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:18 pm

twin1300 wrote:
demingrickjames wrote:It does take a few rides to get used to it. I think, with me anyway, it was more of a confidence issue than anything. I didn't have complete confidence in the car tire, so I was kind of fighting it at first. Once I had 500 miles or so on the tire, and got the pressure where I liked the ride, all the "squirreliness" went away. Once you realize that the tire really isn"t going to dump you on your ass you just go back to riding like you were before, And really only remember there"s a car tire back there when someone asks you about it.

+1.....It's 99% mental and finding the correct air pressure for your tire. Many people have said the same thing only to find out they tried and couldn't make the tire slip or slide. Give it a couple hundred miles and you will realize this is one of the best things you ever done......... Very Happy

What air pressure are you running????????

.................bobby

+1 and post a pic

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Darkside Roadlner Empty Tire pressure in the Altimax @ 40# is about right on a liner

Post  BIGFOOT Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 pm

[quote="sfredendall"]Just got my General Altimax HP 215-60 17 put on. No problems with mounting or install.
First ride i could feel the difference in the handling. seems a little loose or jerky in the steering. I need a little more riding to get use to the new tire.[/we've had the best luck with this tire running it @ about 40# on the Liners. I know a few using the same tire on other bikes who have ended up running +/-2 @ 40# PSI in this tire]

BIGFOOT

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://forums.delphiforums.com/DarkSiding

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum