Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife of fallen biker needs our help.

3 posters

Go down

Wife of fallen biker needs our help. Empty Wife of fallen biker needs our help.

Post  Muntz Tue May 13, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey guys this lady needs our help. She and her husband in an accident and her husband was killed by the local mayor when she pulled out infront of them on a major hwy.
From the Advocate: (Baton Rouge Newspaper)

SORRENTO - Mayor Brenda G. Melancon said Monday she looked in both directions and didn't see any vehicles coming before she pulled out of a driveway Sunday and hit a motorcycle, killing the driver and injuring the passenger. Louisiana State Police booked Melancon, 66, with negligent homicide, negligent injuring and failure to yield from a private drive, State Police Public Information Officer Johnnie Brown said in a news release.

AND

Sorrento Mayor Brenda Melancon had no drugs or alcohol in her system Oct. 14 when she pulled out of a driveway and hit a motorcycle, killing the motorcycle driver and injuring his passenger, 23rd Judicial District Attorney Tony Falterman said Thursday. Falterman said he received the toxicology report last week from the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab.

Please call and write as per her request.
Thanks,
Muntz

Posted on VTXOA.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=244881

Honoring Jim wrote:I am Amy Pickholtz, the widow of Jim Pickholtz who was killed October 14, 2007 by Mayor Brenda Melancon in Sorrento, La. I know that the motorcycle crash has been one of the subjects of this Blog, and would like the motorcycle community to please know what is happening as of right now. I need your help. I need your voices and your words. Below is a copy of the email I am sending out everywhere that I possibly can to ask for help, so that we see some justice and that my husband Jim is honored by me, our family and the community of people he so proudly was a part of.

Please take action. I can't go this alone and I know that the political pressures in Louisiana would rather see this case be dropped, or go away. It is too important to all of us that this doesn't happen.
Please feel free to copy and paste the letter below and send it to any and all motorcycle organizations and individuals.

For more information about MAC sign on to their website at http://www.macorg.com. There is a We Remember page where I have a tribute to Jim. Please take a look at this tribute. Please know that this can happen to anyone of us and we truly need to RALLY together for this cause.

With many thanks and blessings,

Amy Pickholtz

I received news a few days ago that prosecuting attorney, Paul Knight who was working on the criminal case against Mayor Brenda Melancon has been removed from the case. This is devastating to me and my family, and is a blow to the entire motorcycle community. Mr. Knight was attempting to do everything in his power to initiate some justice in the criminal justice system. He confered with me on several occasions and his course of action was a step towards resolution that would have been a positive outcome to a tragic, and catastrophic incident, and I had the utmost respect and trust in what he was persuing to find resolution.

Mayor Brenda Melancon killed my husband Jim Pickholtz on October 14, 2007 and nearly killed me. I have suffered devastating and permanent crippling injuries, lost my husband, who was not only the love of my life, but the father of 2 children and stepfather of 2 children, and the income earner of our household. His parents lost their son, his sister lost her brother, a nephew his uncle, and a community of people a dear friend. Jim was 41 years old.

I know that the case is now being handled by Dana Cummings, who is the Director of the Criminal Justice Department in the Attorney General's Office. I implore the motorcycle community to call or write to either Dana Cummings and/or to Attorney General Buddy Caldwell to let them know how important this case is to our community and that we cannot allow this case to be swept under the rug. A slap on the wrist is not justice. We need to stand up and let our voice be heard. There needs to be justice, not just law.

Thank you from the depths of my heart for supporting me and my family, and the memory of my husband Jim with your voices and your words.

225 326-6200 Dana Cummings or Buddy Caldwell

criminalinfo@ag.state.la.us
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Wife of fallen biker needs our help. Empty Re: Wife of fallen biker needs our help.

Post  Muntz Tue May 13, 2008 11:16 pm

Guys heres what I wrote. Feel free to cut and paste as much as you want to.

Dear Mr. Caldwell

I am writing you in reference to the case of Brenda Melancon's causing the wrongful death of Jim Pickholtz on October 14, 2007. I am a concerned citizen of the great state of Louisiana , the town of Sorrento, and also a fellow motorcyclist.

It is my understanding, that the case is now being handled by Dana Cummings, who is the Director of the Criminal Justice Department under the DA. It is vital to the family of Mr. Pickholtz and the motorcycling community that this case continue to be pursued down the same path which Mr. Paul Knight chose, who was previously working the criminal case against Mayor Melancon.

The public must be held accountable for their actions when behind the wheel of an automobile or handlebars of a motorcycle. I beg of you not to let the influence of Mayor Melancon, her political position, or her political connections to allow her to escape justice.

With the price of gas ever on the increase, the cycling community is seeming to grow more rapidly than ever before. People in their cars, trucks and SUV's need to raise their seat backs up, turn their booming music down, hang up the cell phones, and pay attention when driving!

The bike riders of today are not dirty, filthy, jobless, drug peddling, derelicts!! We are responsible members of your Church, Civic Organizations, and the Community, who demand the same respect as anyone else.

"I didn't see them" is not be an acceptable excuse for anyone pulling out and killing another human being.

This carelessness has taken everything from the Pickholtz family had including their future!

Justice must prevail, in order to raise the bar of accountability in cases such as this. A slap on the wrist is not justice. Kill a biker, go to jail.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Wife of fallen biker needs our help. Empty Re: Wife of fallen biker needs our help.

Post  jedishon Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 am

That was quite a tribute she wrote.....Feel like I missed knowing a very good person....

Thanks for posting Muntz,,,,,Copied your letter, made a change and sent it on...I will also pass the info on.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Wed May 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Muntz I just sent off an email to him as well. Revise a little of course. Plus i added a quote from the Attorney General's Website. Here it is:
Deeply committed to preserving and protecting the health, safety, welfare, and LEGAL interests of all of the citizens of Louisiana”.

I wrote and added in my email that:

I hope you take that statement into full consideration.

Hope some action get's taken and in the right manner.

Hope our letters help.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2008 5:23 pm

I will send out the same letter with appropriate revisions as well. My plan is to follow it up with a written letter. It has been my experience that a snail mail letter gets more attention than anything else. Prayers are also included in this situation.

shebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum