Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on the Rally

+2
smokey2255
kermit
6 posters

Go down

My take on the Rally Empty My take on the Rally

Post  kermit Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Ok, I'm going to give my take here.

We had dinner on Thursday night with Insp#484 and his family. They are great people, but Steve and I are already familiar with them and knew that. Yes, their boys are very well behaved. Friday, Foghorn had to work til 11am, I had our bikes packed down and ready to go when he got home and we met the others at Insp's house and headed out.
My take on the Rally MtIda001
Foghorn, Insp and Bobby at the gas station, our 1st stop

My take on the Rally MtIda002Foghorn, Insp, Twin, Tanglefoot, Willsightsee, still 1st stop

We stopped for gas then we took hi-way 71 north, heading towards Mt Ida. It was a beautiful ride, but nothing like we were about to experience. I've had some good runs, but most of them have included alot of highway miles. Nothing like this.

We arived at Mt Ida in the evening and Insp had to leave right away to return home. Sure wish he could have stayed. We had dinner at the restuarant attached to the inn, their food was pretty good, but the hospitality made of for any shortcomings. That was where Bobby exhibited his ability to get free pie. After dinner, we mounted up and went for a short ride. toasted and smokey still hadn't arrived yet (they ran into to rain and mechanical problems. not necessarily in that order). When I say short, I'd say about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's a blurr. Shortly after we got back, Toasted, Smokey and Justin pulled up. I tell you, that is one good kid. Tough as rocks.
My take on the Rally MtIda008 Toasted about to get a hiney whoopin from Justin

I heard later that they had a tech session with smokeys bike and worked on some motel plumbing, I'm glad that all worked out.

The next morning, we slept in a little. Very little. Got on our bikes around 9am and headed for the hills. We rode all day long. Never got tired. My take on the Rally MtIda010 though I thnk Bobby was showing some signs of fatigue from having to lead the way.
We hit so many twisties and met such nice people along the way, I wondered how I've lived in Arkansas this long and this is the 1st time I've experienced it. We'd get to our destination, and choose another one and just change directions. My sentiments matched the others, as long as there's gas stations and places to eat and pee (lots of forest), we could just keep riding. And, we did. We finally ended up back at the Motel at around 9pm. What a blast.

The next morning, we all headed home, except for Toasted who had to leave the day before so he could be at work. He did some riding with us, but missed alot more.

Smokey and Justing pulled out at daybreak and Bobby, Robert, Will, Steve and I headed towards home around 9a.m., this time, taking Hwy 27. Quieter more scenic road than 71 and alot more curves, though, also more small towns. The rest of us parted ways around noon at Insp484's house. Guys, I wouldn't have missed this for the world. I love my new darkside family and hope to mee more of you next time. I'm kinda with Tanglefoot, annual is too long. Very Happy
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

My take on the Rally Empty Re: My take on the Rally

Post  smokey2255 Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Well said Kermit, like the pics. I would like to make it a semi annual ride too ...... but the great state of illinois don't think I should drive for 9 months over a few speeding tickets. My pentance starts june 9th through next march 9th. Good news is that I will be legal come next april rally. Notice I didn't lie and say I wouldn't be riding for the next 9 months? Laughing Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Great write up Kermit.....Well said! My feelings as well.

I think Justin could have took toasted too!!!!!!!!!Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Okay I think I get it......I missed some fun riding and better company.......Heres hoping to be in the next group picture.......Dont like missing out on the fun...... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 pm

jedishon wrote:Okay I think I get it......I missed some fun riding and better company.......Heres hoping to be in the next group picture.......Dont like missing out on the fun...... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Jerry

Well, we were having a little fun on the forum while they were out and about.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Kermit,
Thanks for all the pics, especially the one of Bobby at the end. I think you should repost that one in a seperate thread and have a write a caption contest. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down