Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm still alive.

+3
jedishon
twin1300
smokey2255
7 posters

Go down

I'm still alive. Empty I'm still alive.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:59 am

I'm not up to posting very much, but I just wanted to let everyone know why I've been among the missing. My appendix burst on the 7th and I just got home from the hospital yesterday. What a long, strange journey it has been. It's good to be home, but I'm exhausted. I see my family doctor today and other docs later this week. I'll probably do some lurking, but not very much posting.

shebear

Back to top Go down

I'm still alive. Empty Re: I'm still alive.

Post  smokey2255 Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:01 am

Shebear, ya got to quit leaving us hang like that. Sorry to hear you are fighting all these health issues. Gods speed and get better.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:11 am

Hey Babe!!!!!!!! We are so glad you are still here to grace us with you presence and we are so thankful you are home! When you get better call me, we will talk!

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:29 am

Shebear, you go ahead and lurk, just listen to Smokey and let us know whats happening once in a while, and dont leave us hanging. Your one tough cookie, I dont know anyone else that could deal with everything you have going on and come back for more. Hang tough and God bless you.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:17 pm

I have got you on my prayer list. It is good to hear from you because we have been missing your humor. Let us know what all the Dr's. say.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Glad to see you back Shebear: Been there done that. I can Sympathize. Wishing you a speedy recovery Griz
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They are greatly appreciated. I wrote a longer post, but it disappeared on me. I'll try to post again tomorrow. I don't have any doc appts. or anything else to do but rest, so maybe I can get my act together and post a bit tomorrow.

shebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:01 am

Shebear, sorry to hear about your recent health battles. I do know when your not here the guys all miss ya.

Now take good care of yourself and post more often.
Thats an Order!!!! Wink
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 am

I had a great time talking to Bobby on the phone yesterday. I really appreciate all of you and how much you care about me. It does my heart good, more than you will ever know. I'm still not online very much because it is awkward with my rib hurting so much. During my hospital misadventures, I may have cracked a rib on my right side. It seems that I was getting out of bed when I wasn't supposed to be and by myself. The whole hospital experience is something that I will never be able to fully explain. Bobby understood as he had a similar experience. All I can say for certain is that God was holding me in the palm of his hand the whole time. Prayers work and God is.

Last night was the first good night's sleep I've had in a long time. The good news about the hospital experience is that I'm no longer taking 15 medications ($2500/month for medicine) and will only be taking three when I'm done with the antibiotics and potassium supplement. I also quit smoking and this time it's for good. At some point in my blurry memories, someone asked if I was a smoker and I said no. My mind is clearer than it has been for a long time. I'm get tired easily and am weak from spending 2 weeks in bed, but that will change with time. I try to get out and walk a bit everyday and I'm doing some stretching and other gentle exercise.

If our resident "doc to be" or anyone else who has experience with this has any suggestions for aiding my recovery, I would gladly hear them.

All in all, I miss all of you and will be online more and more as time goes by. From what Bobby said, you all had a great time at the gathering of darksiders. Mobile seems to be the halfway point between Bobby and I. We are going to try to do a meet halfway at some point in time. Also, my club has a fund raiser run in Tuscaloosa that I will try to go to and all of you who can make that are invited. I can't remember when it is at the moment, but I'll let you know when that brain cell fires up and lets me know, lol!

And in case I disappear again, Bobby has my cell # and I told him to send to anyone who asks. I'm also sending him a PM with my home address. Love to all of you,
shebear

Back to top Go down

Post  YoIdaho Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:26 am

Ann glad to hear you are on the rebound.
Take it slow & easy….rest, good nutrition & a lot of water to help flush your system.
If you know about detox diets, that would be something good to do in a month or so.
I’d still like to talk with you about some of the wellness plans that I have and help others with.
I’ll give ya a holler soon.
Take care my friend. ~M

Congrats on kicking the nicotine.
YoIdaho
YoIdaho

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Shebear, saw this radioactice helmet decal and couldn't help but think of you.........how is your tat....
http://www.buymotorcyclehelmets.com/view_category.asp?cat=76

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:49 pm

The tattoo is going to need some re-inking in places. In order for it to heal right, I needed to keep my arm straight all the time. An impossible thing to do for me apparently. I would wake up every morning with my arm bent and the tat all icky. Suspect So, I've got some gray areas. The tat guy is more than happy to fix it for me, but I'm not about to do anything until I heal up from this latest mess. One of the vampire/blood takers at the hospital laughed about it and said the tat guy had it centered perfectly in the ditch.

I saw my surgeon yesterday(?) and he had the pathology report. To my utter disgust, my appendix had been ruptured long enough that I had gangrene. pale All I know is that I'm glad I'm home and on the mend. I had an hour long massage today so I'm detoxing from all that I've been through. I have another massage scheduled for Monday and will probably schedule more. My right shoulder had been giving me some trouble and it's already feeling better. I'm also doing some stretching and drinking lots of water. I want my life back and am willing to work at it.

That website has some pretty good graphics. I've got some vinyl for my printer and have plans to do some for the sliding glass door. That is, I'll do it between naps, Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 01, 2008 11:29 am

Just keep it up....you'll beat this too....Makes me wonder, why do we have all these parts that can be taken out and thrown away? scratch scratch

Uncle Jerr
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 11:49 am

jedishon wrote:Just keep it up....you'll beat this too....Makes me wonder, why do we have all these parts that can be taken out and thrown away? scratch scratch

Uncle Jerr

As far as I'm concerned, I've run out of "optional" parts, lol! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

I'm still alive. Empty A new Update

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 6:40 pm

The past few days haven't been easy so I've been off line for the most part. I'm still having some problems with my ribs and shoulder, so sitting at the computer is not easy. I've also been trying to get a little more exercise each day and that tires me out. I'll be glad when this is over and I can ride again. I sure miss riding. Today I went out in the garage and just sat on my bike for a bit. Another week or two and I should be up for it.

I miss all of you and wish I were on line more than I am,
shebear

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri May 09, 2008 8:46 pm

We will always be here for you Shebear....You just stop by when you can

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2008 11:16 am

Another update.

Sunday I started getting sick again. I spent yesterday at the doc's and the hospital having another CT scan and more lab work. The results were in this morning. The CT showed nothing abnormal so that was good news. My white blood cell count was slightly elevated so I am on antibiotics again. It's really frustrating. Saturday I felt really good and was thinking that I'd be able to ride this week. Keeping things in perspective, I'm not in the hospital with another abscess so the rest is all trivial. I'm still on the mend with just a minor set back.

I miss all of you and will try to do some posting this week. Tomorrow I have to have my 6 month mammogram in the am and then have an echo cardiogram in the afternoon. The cardiogram is the six month follow up to see if there is still a fluid build up around my heart. If there is, I will need surgery. So all prayers that the fluid is gone will be appreciated.

I'm tired of being sick. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 14, 2008 11:23 am

prayers are with you........ Tell them to go easy on the mamogram. Wife says they kill you! Bunch of tittiehitlers......... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smokey and I talked about making a run your way to see you. No firm plans as of yet! I will let you know.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed May 14, 2008 11:31 am

Prayers sent.......We miss you when youre not around too...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2008 5:44 pm

twin1300 wrote:prayers are with you........ Tell them to go easy on the mamogram. Wife says they kill you! Bunch of tittiehitlers......... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smokey and I talked about making a run your way to see you. No firm plans as of yet! I will let you know.

..................bobby

We are working on getting some respite care so we can get a day off every now and then. At $15.50 an hour, it makes me think about the cost. But, as Greg says, we won't be the ones paying for it. Dad will have to pony up the money whether he likes it or not. Actually, he won't even know that he's paying for it. He'll just be insulted that he has to have a baby sitter. Oh well. Rolling Eyes All I know is that we both need some time away.

If you and Smokey don't mind sleeping on the couches in the living room, you are more than welcome to stay with us. We are remodeling, etc. and got behind schedule when my appendix decided to die on me. We also have some major yard work underway. We had several trees that needed a good trimming and then they brought us a truck load of mulch that Greg is spreading around the back yard. It would go a lot faster if I weren't sick and was able to help him out. My mind is recovering much faster than my body. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down