Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help!!

4 posters

Go down

help!! Empty help!!

Post  Hudi Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:12 am

ordered the trifecta, bearings, fork springs and rear shocks. well after checking out my chrome kury triple tree cover, it must come off. dumbest design that i have ever seen. the holes in the cover are smaller than the bolts and also the pinch bolts are completely covered. i used extra 3m tape also so it wouldnt vibrate. does anyone know how i can remove this tt cover without killing it? i have to take every thing off (risers, bars, cover) just to put in springs. nothing is easy. thanks. if anyone plans on ever changing out their springs or bearings, do it before you get a tt cover.

Hudi

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

help!! Empty Re: help!!

Post  twin1300 Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:59 am

Can't help ya' Hudi!

I haven't done any of that yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:44 am

Watcha doing that in the middle of a ride? Am I missing something? Sounds like something to be done later. JMO.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Hudi Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:59 am

no i wasnt riding. i just ordered some springs and bearings but in order to install them i have to take off the chrome triple tree cover that i put on. it is on there with 3m tape. in ordetr to get to the screws on the forks, you have ot take off the cover. it is a poor design becasue you should have access to those bolts without taking off the cover. my problem is getting the cover off without f'n things up. i know one thing, it is 78 today here in PA and the ol lady and i are headed off after work. yippy.

Hudi

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:52 pm

I've got the same cover on my scoot. I don't have the double sided tape on mine, and it doesn't vibrate at all. If you can get your hands on a heat gun and maybe find a way to shoot some WD40 up in there, you could probably get it to turn loose a little easier. The only other options on the tt cover are the show chrome one (not to my liking) or to send off your tree to the chromer. Otherwise you're riding with the stock cast aluminum.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum