Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popping in to say Hi

4 posters

Go down

Popping in to say Hi Empty Popping in to say Hi

Post  easygoer Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Hello Darksiders! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm sure glad to see this darkside forum established for us. I'm not familiar at all with this board format, so will take me awhile to figure it all out.

Hopefully the pic came thru ok. If not, I ride a Red/White '97 Valkyrie STD. My car tire of choice is a 205/60 Falken Ziex 512. Got 4 yrs and 41K out of the first one and installed a 2nd one this past summer.

I live in central Florida and as my handle might suggest, I have a pretty easy riding style. That, along with our flat straight roads helped me get the good mileage outta the Falken. Looking forward to comparing notes with everyone in the near future. And, Merry Christmas to you all.

Paul

Popping in to say Hi Valksm

easygoer

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Popping in to say Hi Empty Re: Popping in to say Hi

Post  twin1300 Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Well let me be the first to say...Congrats and Welcome to OUR forum. It's guys like you that will make this place great. Also glad to welcome you as a Darksider. Take your time and look around.

Nice paint and swaaaa---eeeet ride.

We got established 6 days ago when we because of our growth, got locked out of a forum. So my friend toasted/Joe started one for us...he did a slam bang job...plus this place is "troll free".

Enjoy and make yourself at home.

.............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:33 pm

Welcome easygoer: Hope you enjoy this fourm as much as we do Very Happy Those Germans really know how to make a tyre dont they? Very Happy spent 5 years there had Falken tyres on my car. I really liked how they handled on the Autobahn Very Happy Very Happy Take care and enjoy.... Griz 🎅 🎅
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome bobby......I came over from the VRCC site after smokin'joe informed us about this site a few days ago.

When the Darkside 1st became an item about 4 yrs ago on our boards, we had alot of debate about it, but over time we have proven the car tire is a viable option for big bikes. We still get an occasional squabble from the non-believers, but we now have the proof (to us anyway) that we're on the right track. And there are still new folks asking about making the switch. So hopefully, this site will continue to grow and be the information center for the Darkside Very Happy

The "tag" below is photoshopped (to irritate the naysayers Cool ) and wasn't available from DOT, but I did get a similar one for the bike Cool

Paul

Popping in to say Hi Rearlook2

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi Griz, thanks. I agree about the Falken. With so many choices available (another plus for the darkside) I could have tried something else for my 2nd tire, but got another Falken. Working good for me.

Paul

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  motorcyclereb Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:59 pm

Welcome, Easygoer, to the best forum on the web. Twisted Evil
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks motorcyclereb, nice X you've got there. I'm actually going to enjoy reading about the mods/tires the other bikes are doing besides the Valkyrie.

All right here in one spot. Going to be a great experience.

Paul

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum