Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

custom saddle pics

5 posters

Go down

custom saddle pics Empty custom saddle pics

Post  Hudi Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:15 am

custom saddle pics HPNX0653
custom saddle pics HPNX0660
custom saddle pics HPNX0657
custom saddle pics HPNX0659
custom saddle pics HPNX0662

Hudi

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

custom saddle pics Empty Re: custom saddle pics

Post  jedishon Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 am

That looks sharp, did you do it yourself, have it custom made or buy it off the shelf?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hudi Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:44 am

yeah i did it all myself. i use a CNC router to cut out the 1/8 al plate (inside and outside of bags) and to make the design. if you look closely at the design, it says "JESUS". the designed was mirrored and copied. my girlfriend designed it. i made the spacer on a machine lathe and polished it. the angle bracket it made from wood and painted. it was a ton of work but the are as solid as a rock.

Hudi

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 am

Very nice job Hudi.........you got skills my man! I knew I like you for some reason........ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Hudi Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:56 am

thanks twin, i like you too. i told my girlfriend that if i lived a litttle closer to you, i would love to take a spin with you. "twin" is a household name.

Hudi

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:59 am

Hudi wrote:thanks twin, i like you too. i told my girlfriend that if i lived a litttle closer to you, i would love to take a spin with you. "twin" is a household name.

No more than I would love to ride with you!!!!!!!!!! You are definitely my kinda person!!!! Plus you have a darkside and a "Lightside" to you that helps too................. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

............bobby

Last edited by twin1300 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:46 am

Man that is really nice. Good to know who your co-pilot is too. He was with me all day yesterday. Seems the farther I got from home base the more I needed him. Got 259 miles logged yesterday. Not too bad for a ride to the grocery store. The more I go to the grocery store the more I need something like that. Very nice and well thought out. Good work.
Peace and Ride Safe.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:19 am

Hudi wrote:yeah i did it all myself. i use a CNC router to cut out the 1/8 al plate (inside and outside of bags) and to make the design. if you look closely at the design, it says "JESUS". the designed was mirrored and copied. my girlfriend designed it. i made the spacer on a machine lathe and polished it. the angle bracket it made from wood and painted. it was a ton of work but the are as solid as a rock.

Did you have instructions or just wing it? I need some bigger bags, but have not found a pair that I like at a price I"m willing to pay. I know what I want though.... Never thought about making my own.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Hudi Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:50 am

i just bought some xl auburn bolt ons for $170 out the door. i thought that was a good price for a store. they are up to $189 on the net. anyways, i made a template with cardstock to fit the back and inside of the bag. i then scanned the imagine and transferred it to the software. i also cut the design with the CNC onto 1/8" aluminum. you can make any design or take imagines off the net to machine. i made a sandwich with the al and the bag. used "T" nuts (epoxy them to back piece) to connect the al at the bottom. i made the wedge out of wood and painted it. the spacer was made on a machine lathe out of al. it took a lot of planning for everythng ot fit perfectly. they are solid as a rock and can be taken off with just 2 bolts. i bought the cobra mount and when i got home i knew this was not the way to go. you can also cut the al with a metal band saw. if you are looking to make your own mounts and save money this is the way to go. get back to me if you have any questions.

Hudi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum