Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another update on my CT Kawasaki Vulcan 2000cc

Go down

Another update on my CT Kawasaki Vulcan 2000cc Empty Another update on my CT Kawasaki Vulcan 2000cc

Post  Khuts Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello all;
Just as I put the beastie to bed for the winter Sad  I thought I would update you all on my CT progress.
So far since install in the spring of 2011 my Micheline Hydroedge 205/65 R16 has gotten 28,534 km's
(about 17,730 miles for you vintage people hmmm ).
I started out with 11/32's of tread depth and now have 7/32's of tread depth remaining thumbup 
No serious issues throughout the time and distance still has good rubber all round no scalping, cracking
or dry out.
Minor things being done over winter, but main thing is to replace the stock rear pulley with one 2 teeth smaller
which might conflict with my available space for the CT inside the rear fender, but I won't mind "convincing" Suspect 
it to fit again.

By the way, I also changed out all the bearings in both wheels, all looked good not really worn and still snug.
Just as a preventative measure, as I don't get the rear wheel off to much as of the incredible mileage I'm getting.

Cheers All !!
Khuts
Khuts

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down