Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing car tire.

4 posters

Go down

Removing car tire. Empty Removing car tire.

Post  johnnie1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Has anyone tried removing the C/T by taking off the back panel on the Goldwing and bringing it out thru the back? I was looking at it and it looks real tight to do that. I have a general on mine and like it, but not sure if it will come out that way should I have a flat. Any ideas would help thanks in advance.
johnnie1
johnnie1

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Removing car tire. Empty Re: Removing car tire.

Post  robw Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I remember seeing a video a couple years ago of someone doing that. As I remember the tire was deflated and the guy gave it a good shove and it came out and did the same to install it. He also had a ratchet strap on the center stand to keep it from folding up. Sorry I don't remember where I saw the video but most likely it was the GL1800 riders board.
I have AAA because even though the tire would be changeable on the road I wouldn't want to hassle with it. I also have a runflat and if it looked like I would have to change the tire anyway I would run it to a place to get it replaced.
robw
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:07 pm

I change mine by laying the bike over on the engine guards. The car tire slides in and out easily. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 am

00 Doc wrote:I change mine by laying the bike over on the engine guards. The car tire slides in and out easily. thumbup

plus1 did the pull it out the back the first time I mounted a tire. It is so much easier and faster laying it on it's side. Good luck

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down