Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Star Car Tire - VREDESTEIN

Go down

Royal Star Car Tire - VREDESTEIN  Empty Royal Star Car Tire - VREDESTEIN

Post  Steve-O Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 am

Attempted to install a VREDESTEIN T-TRAC TIRES SKU: VREDESTEIN T-TRAC TIRES-V1776 165/80R15 87 T that I purchased on at
www.tiresbyweb.com for $126. It has a nice round shoulder to it along with a nice tread design.

While installing the tire, the sidewall blew out somewhere between 80 and 100psi.

After changing underwear, I found a Kumho powerstar 758 165/80-15 at a local Discount tire (they had a lot of them). It went on at 80 psi.

We used a tube in the Kumho to reinforce the sidewall. I'm thinking this might be a good idea for any tire where there is difficulty inflating. I'm also using Dyna Beads to balance the tire, so putting dynabeads in a dry tube as opposed to an over lubed tire has merit. I am considering doing this with all of my car tire intallations. In looking at the inflation, it appeared that the tube helped to push the tire inflation "out" rather than "up".

I might try the VREDESTEIN again with Tube. But now that I know where to get Kumhos, I am leaning toward sticking to these. I've used them on my VT1100 before with success. It's a good reliable car tire for bikes that need a 165. The ride and handling is very similar to the motorcycle tire. In fact, if you stand up the Kumho next to the MC tire that just came off, you will notice a similar shape....ie flat top.

PS: Found a great source for kumho powerstar 758 165/80-15. Found a bunch in the Dallas area at Discount Tires. Still had a bunch in stock when I bought one on 4/14. May be another just so I have one next time.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Royal Star Car Tire - VREDESTEIN  Empty Re: Royal Star Car Tire - VREDESTEIN

Post  Steve-O Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Never got the tire just right on this bike. The Kumho had a nasty wobble at 70 mph and just could not get the wobble out. Might not have been the tire. It was my fiance's bike and she didn't like the bike as much as I did. So she sold it and got a stratoliner. She's got the mc tire on it, not excited about going to a ct. But as many miles as she puts on it, I'm not sure it's worth it.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down