Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars

5 posters

Go down

Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars Empty Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Worth millions ....Check the video's out of the cool old cars and bikes.Dale of Wheels Through Time get's the most of the bikes running...Amazing and well worth watching if you love motorcycles.

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=417
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars Empty Re: Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars

Post  NeonLeon Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:18 am

Wow!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars Empty Re: Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars

Post  footprintsinconc Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:51 am

simply amazing!
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:38 am

I was there this last summer, rumor was that he was going to close. There was a bunch of amazing old stuff there.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:10 pm

00 Doc wrote:I was there this last summer, rumor was that he was going to close. There was a bunch of amazing old stuff there.

He closed alright...The dude is dead Angel
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
00 Doc wrote:I was there this last summer, rumor was that he was going to close. There was a bunch of amazing old stuff there.

I didn't read it that closely the first time I looked at the page and Joe ya caught me off guard here, I had to take a look closer.
Dale Walksler is the gentleman that owns Wheels Through Time and is very much still alive and according to the web site, is still in business in Maggie Valley.
This is a sale of the assets of Lee Hartung who died last May and was the owner of Hartung Automotive Museum in Glenview, Illinois. Apparently this is just an auction anouncement that was on the Wheels Through Time web site.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 pm

00 Doc wrote:
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:

I didn't read it that closely the first time I looked at the page and Joe ya caught me off guard here, I had to take a look closer.
Dale Walksler is the gentleman that owns Wheels Through Time and is very much still alive and according to the web site, is still in business in Maggie Valley.
This is a sale of the assets of Lee Hartung who died last May and was the owner of Hartung Automotive Museum in Glenview, Illinois. Apparently this is just an auction anouncement that was on the Wheels Through Time web site.

Yeah I knew that I read the story and watched the video's before posting....It would be hard for Dale to get the bikes running if he was dead ( see first post in this thread ) .My ridin' bud Big Al and I have rode over to Wheels Though Time several times over the years and talked with Dale he even gave us a free pass for future visits.

Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars Copy2

Huge collector's auction ...Vintage bikes and cars Copy5
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:50 am

This is an absolute trajedy. I was SO planning to take the wife up next summer. We'd all better look at the website links before THEY all disappear. Wasn't the museum willed off, or did he not do that?
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum