Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balance

5 posters

Go down

Balance Empty Balance

Post  maurice Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:24 am

Before changing to my Michelin HE (love it) and Avon roadrider for the front (double darkside) I could ride my bike with no hands on flat road for a long time, very balanced. Now, I need to shift my body weight to the left as the bike wants to go a little right. Any ideas on this please? Don't feel anything with hands on the bars, so it is not much. thanks.

maurice
maurice
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Balance Empty re balance

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 am

Most roads are sloped a little toward the edges,The larger footprint of the car tire will be more sensetive to the slope causing it to drift to the right hmmm
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Balance Empty Re: Balance

Post  twin1300 Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:48 am

Larry Simpson wrote:Most roads are sloped a little toward the edges,The larger footprint of the car tire will be more sensetive to the slope causing it to drift to the right hmmm

cheers
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Larry Simpson wrote:Most roads are sloped a little toward the edges,The larger footprint of the car tire will be more sensetive to the slope causing it to drift to the right hmmm

make sense. gotta try riding on the left and see. will get back. However, my when I was riding motorcycle tires on same side of the road, same road, balanced. hmm thanks

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 am

that's the flat tire trying to "stay flat" on the road. The more pronounced the crown, the more the bike will veer to the right when the handlebars are loose. It's one of the things that come with the CT... some are worse than others I'd presume. Get into some asphalt with some deep grooves and you can go up either side and feel the tire want to drift back down them. Shrug
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:12 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:that's the flat tire trying to "stay flat" on the road. The more pronounced the crown, the more the bike will veer to the right when the handlebars are loose. It's one of the things that come with the CT... some are worse than others I'd presume. Get into some asphalt with some deep grooves and you can go up either side and feel the tire want to drift back down them. Shrug

I tried other side of the road and it still wants to lean just a tad to the right. Doesn't it seem that it should want to lean a little toward the slight slope to the left? I guess an alignment is out of the question. Very Happy

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Balance Empty re balance

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:30 pm

I am with you,I think you should have felt a little drift to the left if the road burm were what was causing your problem , might check shocks front and rear,maby bushings. Shrug Shrug
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

STILL check your alignment. My favorite method is to jack up the bike and spin the back wheel forward. The chain or Belt should stay in the middle of the sprocket.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Larry Simpson wrote:I am with you,I think you should have felt a little drift to the left if the road burm were what was causing your problem , might check shocks front and rear,maby bushings. Shrug Shrug

But shocks were not touched changing the tires, or bushings. hmmm

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 pm

quadancer wrote:STILL check your alignment. My favorite method is to jack up the bike and spin the back wheel forward. The chain or Belt should stay in the middle of the sprocket.

shaft drive

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Balance Empty re balance

Post  Larry Simpson Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:53 pm

You could have had a minor problem to start with that you were not feeling with the mc tire.When you insall a ct it tends to magnify any problems that you have. May not be the case but should be considered as it does happen. thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah, it seems we read all the time about front end problems that crop up after crossing over, and once bushings or adjustments are made, they go away.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:41 am

Larry Simpson wrote:You could have had a minor problem to start with that you were not feeling with the mc tire.When you insall a ct it tends to magnify any problems that you have. May not be the case but should be considered as it does happen. thumbup

Thanks for that. Makes sense. So bushings and shocks. I will tell the guy who is swapping out my FD next Friday to check them out. Hope it is an easy check.

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Balance Empty front tire reverse direction

Post  maurice Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:46 am

I just wondered what you guys think. Since I put avon roadrider rear mt tire on front going direction of arrow, do you think since many reverse direction, that that might be why not balanced? Thinking of reversing it Friday when final drive is replaced. thanks

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum