Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baffle mod

5 posters

Go down

Baffle mod Empty Baffle mod

Post  Steve-O Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:14 pm

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51596&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This may be my next mod. Doesn't look too hard. I'd like a little more rumble, but don't care for loud pipes.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Baffle mod Empty Re: Baffle mod

Post  ttexastim Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Scroll down the page and he shows the cold air intake mod that David and I were talking about. I'd like to do that mod. Anyone got an old harley horn cover laying around?
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:22 pm

ttexastim wrote:Scroll down the page and he shows the cold air intake mod that David and I were talking about. I'd like to do that mod. Anyone got an old harley horn cover laying around?

Hey!! that's the mod I want to do!! I get the horn cover first!! ha ha!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:29 pm

Steve-O wrote:http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51596&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This may be my next mod. Doesn't look too hard. I'd like a little more rumble, but don't care for loud pipes.

Steve-O,

I have the bit I'm pretty sure to do that! Want to do it Sat. when you're here? and if you don't like it after a while I still have my OEM exhaust slip-ons you could pick up cheap to replace the ones you drilled out.

Just an idea. that of course would be last on the list for the day....

Did you get a tire ??? Looked like on one of the other posts you found a tire you liked and maybe got it already? Or did you have it shipped to the Walmart in Ennis?

If so that is great! now we can go on the ride on the test road I use with your motorcycle tire then we can go change it to the CT and then go back and ride the test road again.. It will give you a GREAT comparison all in one day.

Let me know.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:54 am

I found a Faulken 512 at the discount tire down the road. I"m going to pick it up today or tomorrow. It's already been tested on a 1300, so, I'm confident it will fit. This was my only concern about trying a new tire. No pictures of me lugging my tire down to ennis on my bike (little beverly hillbillies music here).

Let's add the baffle mod if we have time.

I'll still meet you at the wal mart, we'll take a spin, change the tire, then re-spin.

And if we have time for the baffle mod, we'll do that. It doesn't sound like it will be louder, just a tone difference, which is what I want. I'm not into loud pipes.

Looking forward to this. I need to leave around 2, no later than 3. See you Saturday at 9.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:01 am

Steve-O,

You aint the only cat around here that's rode around with a car tire strapped to their bike to have a darkside mod done.......................... Cool Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I will not say who except his initials are Big Daddy Helmut............ Cool

I rode Muntz 165 to the motorcycle shop on my bike to do his darkside a couple of weeks ago............ Wink

Congrats on going to the darkside...be sure an let us know how it comes out.....with pic of course!

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Pics will be forthcoming. David and I plan on doing a good job documenting this thing. Stay tuned.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Not to brag or anything David, but when I was at the Harley shop that mounts my tires, he sold me a used chromed horn cover for $1. All I need is a new air filter, a sawzall and drill, and some inginuity and I'll have that cold air mod!!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:56 pm

ttexastim wrote:Not to brag or anything David, but when I was at the Harley shop that mounts my tires, he sold me a used chromed horn cover for $1. All I need is a new air filter, a sawzall and drill, and some inginuity and I'll have that cold air mod!!!

I didnt think you could even buy AIR at a Harley for $1.00 Evil or Very Mad
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:26 pm

ttexastim wrote:Not to brag or anything David, but when I was at the Harley shop that mounts my tires, he sold me a used chromed horn cover for $1. All I need is a new air filter, a sawzall and drill, and some inginuity and I'll have that cold air mod!!!

You DOG you!!

Are you going to go with a K&N air filter? I did. I really like it. Don't use a sawzall! that thing will tear it up. do you have a dremel tool? That is what I'm going to use. Now I have to go on a hunt for a horn cover!

Let me know how your's goes!

By the way, we got Steve-O on the Darkside today and also a horn change and the exhaust mod. That exhaust mod. is Sweet!! It sounds great!

I don't want to steal any thunder from Steve so I'll let him tell the rest!!

having fun camping with the boyscouts? Very Happy Twisted Evil
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down