Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another beautiful day to ride.

5 posters

Go down

Another beautiful day to ride. Empty Another beautiful day to ride.

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 am

A buddy and I hooked up for a midday ride, who needs sleep right? We are on midnights this week so we decided to run to Moonshine IL. and get a moonburger for lunch. He rides a wide glide with the 103 bigbore and screamin eagle exhaust. The bike is pretty damn quick. side story here ... the day he bought it last year we were out riding. We stopped at a country intersection for a smoke and shot of water. When we were ready to head out he said swap? Well hell yeah! he said ride it like it's yours. me: bro I can't do that to your new scoot. He said it's not new ride it like you stole it. me: do you realize who you are saying that too? him: hell yeah, and I know you will. I left that stop romped down on it and barking it up. That bike has throw you back in the seat acceleration and runs up to about 115 real quick. It is a hoot to ride. Corners well for a cruiser and just an overall awesome ride.

Back to yesterdays ride. We met up in a town between where the two of us live. I stocked up on water and text my baby girl and asked her if she wanted to ride. Okay, now we have an extra stop on the way. We headed out to my house. What should of been about 12 miles took us just under 50 miles to get to. We ran some of the coolest roads around here. Usually when we are down in the river bottoms you will run into gravel, washed out roads, even mud on occasion but every road we hit was in fairly good shape making for a pleasant ride. All day long I could feel the warm sunshine on my shoulders and head making for a pleasant ride.
We finally made it to the house to get the baby girl, she asks about atgatt (all the gear all the time). I answered her question with a question of my own, are you getting on my bike? She replies but you're riding in a tanktop and no helemt. So I asked another question, You can leave anything uncovered that you don't mind grinding off on the pavement, how much do you want to lose? asking this as I am studying my road rash scars. She gets the hint and opts for her textile jacket and moms modular helmet. As we are loading up she tells me she feels like Ricky Bobbying it up. Having never seen the movie I am not exactly sure what she means but I get the jist of it and we have a fairly aggressive ride to moonshine. As we are eating our moon burgers she says she is dissapointed in the ride. Says I am not driving in the corners hard enough. I have to admit I had not been dragging anything on the bike just letting my boot edge drag as my feeler. I explained to her that the roads we are on are chip seal roads and when it is this hot and sunny, what to her looks like a nice bright black road is actually a slick oily tar road and not much traction there. She gets happy with the answer.

As Alan and I are talking I tell him that he is the only person I ride with around here that I trust to ride his own ride when we are out and that he is also the only person I ride with here that will dive off into the bottom lands with me. Everyone else wants to stick to the highways and main drags and they think that just because they are on a motorcycle they know how to ride and can do what I do on mine. I learned a while back that when I am with most other people I have to ease off and ride to their level to keep from inducing their self destruction.
We finish our burgers and head back to the same town we met up in so I could deliver lunch to Cassie. As we are leaving moonshine I think "that sun is frigging hot on my shoulders and head, guess I am going to be a little burnt tonight" We decide we are getting off the beaten path and back into the bottoms on the next blacktop to the left. Well our blacktop didn't come fast enough so we caught a left onto a gravel road and headed to the woods. Alan was trailing me and I was considering a turn around as I was not sure how he felt about getting his scoot all dirty on the gravel roads. About the time I got to a good spot to turn around I hear him start blippin the throttle ... blip blip bliiiiiiipppppp, hell yeah, he is back there dirt biking his glide, kisking it out and playing like he owns it thumbup Can I tell ya that squirt did excellent on the gravel. That was her first experience on gravel and she didn't flinch at all.
We make it back to town and split ways, I delivered lunch and head back to the house, Taylor and I stop to get another bottle of water and it is at this stop that I realize just how severe the sun has gotten to me throughout the day. I am toast.
We head out taking the back way, Nice twistie section to this route and the best part of it has been blacktopped so you get pretty good traction digging through it. I drag metal through them and when we get to the house Tay says "I want to ride, I wanna learn to ride my own bike" I think hell yes but I ask her why she wants to ride her own? She says "cause of that stuff you do" me: what stuff, her "that stuff where you drag stuff, that is just so cool and I want to do that. Will you teach me? Let me tell y'all I was one happy camper.
I guess the vlx600 shadow is no longer for sale, I am in the market for an old xr100 to teach her the basics on. And I am one miserable sunburned fool today. The good thing though is that I typically only burn once a year then I can take the full sun all day everyday.
This was the first pleasure ride of the year for me, every other time i have been on the bike has been to go somewhere that i needed to be at. It was nice just getting out for a ride and I got to spend the time with a couple people I really like thumbup

And the burgers arent bad either

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Another beautiful day to ride. Empty Re: Another beautiful day to ride.

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am

Some beer commercials say "it don't get no better than this"! But that AINT true!

So this is for you my brother!!! "IT DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THAT!!!!"

Congrats.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 pm

twin1300 wrote:Some beer commercials say "it don't get no better than this"! But that AINT true!

So this is for you my brother!!! "IT DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THAT!!!!"

Congrats.......................bobby

plus1 thumbup thumbup thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Glad you got some pleasure riding in.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Another beautiful day to ride. Empty re another beautiful day to ride

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Great,now I can't get rid of this picture of burnt road rash onelaf
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum