Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Virginia... Looking for installer

4 posters

Go down

Central Virginia... Looking for installer Empty Central Virginia... Looking for installer

Post  Ilcatex Tue May 24, 2011 6:28 am

Hello all - I'm new here, but have been reading a lot. New convert to the dark side - found a great deal on a GYTT - but am running into problems getting it mounted/installed.

Any help from Virginia riders (Richmond in particular)? I noticed there is no Virginia sub-forum, so I thought I'd ask here.

Ilcatex

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Back to top Go down

Central Virginia... Looking for installer Empty Re: Central Virginia... Looking for installer

Post  twin1300 Tue May 24, 2011 7:38 am

Just take it to a car tire shop and let them mount it for you! I find it better to stay away from the motorcycle shops. What bike are you installing it on???

Congrats on your choice to go darkside and welcome to our world.

....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Central Virginia... Looking for installer Empty Re: Central Virginia... Looking for installer

Post  LadyDraco Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 am

Just go to your local car tire place and ask them...
I buy my CT from them and have them mount it when I'm ready...

But make sure they have a NO MAR changer.. Some places will really F..Up the rim ...
Make sure they have mounted tires on the fancy car rims... thumbup
DAMHIKT !!!!!!
LadyDraco
LadyDraco

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilcatex Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 am

It's going on an 03 vtx 1800c3.

So all of you removing the wheel, do you have a lift? I was thinking I had to have a MC shop do this because I have no lift (and an 800lbs bike) Shocked

Ilcatex

Back to top Go down

Central Virginia... Looking for installer Empty Central Va tire Changer

Post  Voyager1700 Tue May 24, 2011 3:57 pm

there is a place in Richmond Va off of Broad close to the Diamond Cycle Thunder the owner is Richard he put mine on and does other stuff as well cost about $60.if you take the bike to him less if you just take the wheel.This is his #804-822-5447

Voyager1700

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilcatex Tue May 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Thank you voyager1700!

I'll call him tomorrow.

Ilcatex

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyDraco Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 am

I have to use a jack... My bike weights over 1000lbs... affraid
My mate uses a lift.... thumbup
LadyDraco
LadyDraco

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Central Virginia... Looking for installer Empty Richmond Va resource

Post  Ilcatex Wed May 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Voyager1700 wrote:there is a place in Richmond Va off of Broad close to the Diamond Cycle Thunder the owner is Richard he put mine on and does other stuff as well cost about $60.if you take the bike to him less if you just take the wheel.This is his #804-822-5447

Thanks again - called him and he's a real cool guy. Waiting on the tire, then I'll have the X to him next week.

Darkside, here I come yeah

Ilcatex

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Ilcatex wrote:
Voyager1700 wrote:there is a place in Richmond Va off of Broad close to the Diamond Cycle Thunder the owner is Richard he put mine on and does other stuff as well cost about $60.if you take the bike to him less if you just take the wheel.This is his #804-822-5447

Thanks again - called him and he's a real cool guy. Waiting on the tire, then I'll have the X to him next week.

Darkside, here I come yeah

Congrats Looking forward to hearing about it! Remember, watch out for the mold release...it will make the tire feel funny at first! Air pressure makes a big difference how it handles. Good luck and see you on the other side....the darkside that is!!!

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Central Virginia... Looking for installer Empty Central Va tire Changer

Post  Voyager1700 Wed May 25, 2011 4:09 pm

There are several people who have this tire on and are having No Probs at all.I have a 205/60/16 Dunlap signature series V rated works Great! Hope to meet up one day./

Voyager1700

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down