Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going darkside

Go down

going darkside Empty going darkside

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 8:11 am

Ok I have posted a few posts on the subject but I am still wondering on my options. First of all my bike is a 2002 1800 S so it has spokes the questions I have are if it is hard to mount a wider tire why not mount a 195 ? next what is the best way to seal the spokes? next can you run a tube in the car tire? and what tube do you run for say the 205? or the 195? or even the 165? also the balance beads if you are running a tube do you put the balance beads into the tube? it seems that it would be easer to put the beads into the tube before you mount the tire???I do know I want to run a tube in both front and back,I just feel safer that way! I think what I am going to do is run a 160rear m/t on front and run a 195 c/t or if it is,nt to hard a 205 c/t on the rear should I seal the spokes even with running a tube You know when I first saw this forum and read about the darkside it did,nt surprise me at all! 30 years ago I used to run volkswagon tires on my old 650 triumph it worked well and looked good as well the reason I ran volkswagon tires was for the look anyway sorry for the long post and thanks for any info you,all can help me with Very Happy

Back to top Go down

going darkside Empty Re: going darkside

Post  smokey2255 Sun May 22, 2011 9:44 am

You run a stock tube in the tire, yes you put the beads in the tube, there is a whole writeup about sealing the rim if you want to go that way, you can run any of the mentioned sizes on your scoot, pick your poison, try using the search feature as all these questions have been covered numerous times, the 205 will mount and fir no sweat, sometimes yall have to turn an exhaust bolt around to prevent rubbing. There is no need to seal the rims if you are running a tube, just a waste of time and money,

Good luck
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down