Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really Dark Side...

2 posters

Go down

Not really Dark Side... Empty Not really Dark Side...

Post  Nelson Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Howdy,

I am new to the forum and I am not really a "Dark Sider". It is true I want to put car tires on my bike, but since it is a sidecar rig I don't think it really counts as dark side :-)

What I would like to find are 15" blank (undrilled) spoke wheel rims for a car (like an MG, etc) that I could have drilled with the correct number of holes and then laced to my Yamaha XS650 hubs (front and rear) and to my Velorex sidecar hub.

I plan to use 135R15 tires so I won't need a different swing arm. I am building a leading link front end so it will be designed for the wider car tire. I have not been able to find such rims so it looks as though I will need to machine hubs and fit up some sort of car wheel.

Does anyone on the forum have experience with lacing automotive spoked wheel rims to bike hubs? Or if that is never done, who makes hubs to mount automotive wheels? I have the equipment to machine the hubs myself and will if I need to, but time is more of a constraint at the moment so I also want to see what is available in the market place.

Thanks,

Nelson

Nelson

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Not really Dark Side... Empty Re: Not really Dark Side...

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:01 am

Nelson, I think you will find that for the rear bike tire you will not need any crazy mods to get a tire to fit. As for the front of the trike and the hack tire that will all depend on what size is on it now and if you can find a CT that is close. Sorrry cant help with the special hub action if that is the way you want to go but try contacting some hot rod or custom bike shops. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down