Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very sobering experience on today's ride...

+6
CaribCruiser
jedishon
Badmoon
Fly
Larry Simpson
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
10 posters

Go down

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Empty A very sobering experience on today's ride...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 pm

I've started this thread several times only to delete it and start over trying to find the best way to share this experience we had today. Most of you know when we take a ride I'll take the best picture ( in my minds eye ) and call it " The Money Shot " . Well today the money shot saved a life I hope. We rode up to Deal's Gap today and made a couple passes across The Dragon and on the way home I took us out The Foothills Parkway . I pulled into a overlook to get a shot of my bike with the snow covered mountains in the background. I rode right by this car with a young woman in it that looked to be asleep. My bike is pretty loud with the Cobra's and Big Al was on his Kawasaki Mean Streak that is loud as well. After taking the picture I got a uneasy feeling about this young lady the car was'nt running and the temp's on the mountain was in the low 30's. Soon the entire group shared my uneasy feeling. Big Al and Greg went to the car and Al knocked on the window Greg walked around the car and said she's got a suicide note in the seat.No one had cell service so I jumped on my bike and took off like a bat out of hell until I got service. 4 Park Rangers 1 Blount County Deputy and 2 EMT's claimed if we had not stopped she would have died. I'm very proud of my ridin' buddies each one of them worked the entire time trying to help this young wowan while we waited on help to arrive the first showed up about 30 minutes after I made the call.....Her name is Amanda and she took several different medications trying to end her life. We called about a hour after they took her to the ER and was told she is stable....Please say a prayer for her that she will find help.
A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Fff

" First picture removed " by me ....I should not have posted a picture that showed her face.

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Dragon-SuicdeAttemp12-23-10022Large

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Dragon-SuicdeAttemp12-23-10024Large

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Dragon-SuicdeAttemp12-23-10025Large

Last edited by Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Empty re a very sobering experience on todays ride

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Very good job guys,you may have been the ones to renew this girls faith and give her a reason to live.you were exactly where you were suppose to be.very proud to count you as a friend.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Empty Re: A very sobering experience on today's ride...

Post  Fly Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 am

We never know when a situation will arise that requires action outside of a comfortable zone. It's good that you and your group stepped up and did what was uncomfortable, perhaps even considering the negative things that could have occurred. Good for you.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

A very sobering experience on today's ride...  Empty Re: A very sobering experience on today's ride...

Post  Badmoon Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:03 am

Thanks for listening to you heart. Just goes to show that you truely are a blessed man and are a blessing to others. Prayers to that woman and her family.

Merry Christmas
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks for the prayers she needs them now.....I talked to Amanda's father late last night ....She is in the intensive care unit on life support and as of last night still unresponsive and in a coma. He said the doctors told him they hope to know more today as to brain , kidney damage etc. It does not sound good for her as of now. We talked for about 30 minutes and he said he would call me this evening to let me how she is doing.....A Christmas miracle is needed .
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:49 am

Prayers sent. The Lord puts us where he needs us. I'm glad you listened and checked on her. Well done Joe.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Big Al and I just got back from the hospital. We walked into the CCU waiting room that only had two lady's sitting in it and ask if either was there for Amanda . This young girl said she was her best friend but they would'nt tell her anything. While we was talking to her Amanda's father called me and said they took her off the breathing machine this morning but had to hook her back up within minutes. The doctor's took her off again this evening and she is breathing on her own now. I ask him if he could make arrangements so her friend Kelsey could see her he said he would.She took my phone with him on the line and went to the nursing station and got it arranged so she could see her.They only let her look in on her for a minute but told us that Amanda opened her eyes and took her hand . She is not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination however it is looking better now. Al and I left that hospital feeling much better than when we arrived.I saw in the other thread about sending her a card if you'd like to send a " Thinking Of You " card I think that would be great...PM me and I can give you the address.....Thanks for all the comments , thoughts and prayers on the other post.<<<
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:22 am

Great Job Joe & friends, good you've followed your instincts.
Although it's a dramatical incident, you all should really good this X-mas.

Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:42 am

Well done Joe. Instincts/ gut feelings will keep you alive as well as those around you. Glad you listened to yourself. Prayers for her and her family.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:19 pm

UPDATE...Christmas Day.......Amanda's Dad called me last night and said she has had some limited communication and is improving Smile Merry Christmas folk's thank's to all that had Amanda in your thoughts and prayers and don't stop she still has many health issues but is nolonger on life support ....A Christmas miracle thank you Lord.....Thanks folk's for the comments
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Hack Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:24 pm

God Bless her! I know what it's like to have this demon jump on ones back!
W.Hack
W.Hack

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Joe, it's been over a month now. Did you hear from Amanda or her family?
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 pm

CaribCruiser wrote:Joe, it's been over a month now. Did you hear from Amanda or her family?
No....Never heard anything after she got out of the hospital.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Well that's a shame, or she's ashamed or maybe she needs some time. Maybe you'll never hear from her
or her family again.
Anyway, you and your buddies have earned an extra angel on your shoulder, that's for sure.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  vs800rider Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 am

First off I want to say good job on helping this young lady when she needed it most. Sorry I missed this when it was first posted.

Now I may be out of line here but Joe should have her dads number on his phone and could call him and get a progress report. But then if they wanted Joe to know how she was doing it would be easy to call and tell him. Difficult decision to make. Anyway, Amanda and her family have my prayers for a complete recovery.
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:48 am

vs800rider wrote:First off I want to say good job on helping this young lady when she needed it most. Sorry I missed this when it was first posted.

Now I may be out of line here but Joe should have her dads number on his phone and could call him and get a progress report. But then if they wanted Joe to know how she was doing it would be easy to call and tell him. Difficult decision to make. Anyway, Amanda and her family have my prayers for a complete recovery.
Yes I do have her Dad's number and he has mine . The last time I talked to him ( the morning she got out of the hospital ) he said " I'll stay in touch " .
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:33 am

It's good PR if you call and let him know "many" bikers are wondering if she's doing allright. We DO care. Some don't make it.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 am

I didn't want all this reactions, sorry Joe.

I was just curious if Joe did hear from her and maybe I missed it.
Personally, I understand that Joe hasn't called. You don't want to have the feeling
you're interfering too much.
Besides that, there's the possibility it doesn't go well with her, maybe she did another
attempt or maybe the family relationship has played a part in her attempt. You do not
want to call hearing that and tearing open the wound.
Who knows? Just leave it and let's just hope she's ok, although one, specially Joe and
his buddies, will always be curious about how things have worked out.

Have a great (riding) weekend,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 pm

CaribCruiser wrote:I didn't want all this reactions, sorry Joe.

I was just curious if Joe did hear from her and maybe I missed it.
Personally, I understand that Joe hasn't called. You don't want to have the feeling
Besides that, there's the possibility it doesn't go well with her, maybe she did another
attempt or maybe the family relationship has played a part in her attempt. You do not
want to call hearing that and tearing open the wound.
Who knows? Just leave it and let's just hope she's ok, although one, specially Joe and
his buddies, will always be curious about how things have worked out.

Have a great (riding) weekend,
Robert.
Very well said in fact I could not have said it better ....Thanks Smile
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vs800rider Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:13 pm

I

That is why I said "Difficult decision to make." Sorry if I intruder where I shouldn't have. Neutral
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum