Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings

+4
Dude
Badmoon
Fly
smokey2255
8 posters

Go down

Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings Empty Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings

Post  smokey2255 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 am

I have not been able to ride my scoot for the past almost 3 weeks now. PMS is setting in and it dont look like any relief in sight. My poor scoot hasn't even made it into the garage yet. It is sitting out on the sidewalk covered with snow and ice. I left it out cause I was gonna "get one more ride in before the shit hit" well that didn't happen as planned and the shit hit sooner than it was supposed to. All of yall that are able to get out and ride do me a favor .... BITE ME ... no I am not bitter, I am just writhing in self pity is all Laughing Very Happy The lying bastard weather man is not talking about any relief from the winter conditions in the near future either. I dont mind the cold but the scoot stays parked while the snow and ice rule the roads. I don't even mind riding on the salt and sand they scatter but it is too cold for the salt to work it's magic.

Okay rant over, y'all can go back to your pleasant lives Laughing Laughing
Did I mention I HATE WINTER

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings Empty Re: Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings

Post  Fly Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 am

Know what you mean. I see that you're in Illinois, here in the middle of Iowa farm country, we were 'guaranteed' by the weather experts that we'd have a 'warmer than normal' Winter. It's -6 F fricking degrees outside right now and I may as well add Stabil to the Vulcan, as there seems to be no end in sight of single digit days and more snow coming. We haven't even come close to normal high/low temps for the same 3 weeks you mentioned, and have had 3 nights of below 0 temps.

Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings Empty Re: Friggin snow, ice and all that winter brings

Post  Badmoon Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:24 am

Its 38* F and sunny in Houma La. Friggin cold here too. WTF I live in south La. It aint supposed to be so cold. Dont even have the gear for this. My nipples keep getting in the way of the handle bars. I mean come on...

Peace yall
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 am

Just kidding yall. Im offshore and cant ride anyway. That is the part that sucks the most.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dude Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 pm

yeah ive had PMS since we got the small stuff done to the bike before paint and wht not

Dude
Dude
Dude

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:51 am

Mine is still washed and waxed, riding almost daily, since no wet stuff is on the road. But danged if it ain't cold. I've hit 19 degrees in the mornings and even the heated gloves *(homemade) won't keep the frost from the fingers.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Hey Smokey, it's 78 degrees here today and 74 for tomorrow. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyDraco Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I got out last week for 3 days in a row...Highbinder couldn't get any of his out...
The lower part of my driveway was hairy...

At least I did get out..Before this last storm hit...
We have another one coming in tonight affraid

Right now it looks like weeks and weeks till I get out again... Evil or Very Mad

LadyDraco
LadyDraco

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey Unca Jerr, this is me giving you the one finger wave Laughing Laughing

Actually I did ride it today, I went aroung 3 sides of the block and got the girl put into the garage. That was hairy enough, snow covered ice every where. It sure was not my idea of a fun ride.

Those that get to ride, enjoy and please post up and rub it in Twisted Evil Suspect Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 pm

We just got our first freeze here in Atlanta area yesterday. Something like 114 wrecks in the local area. These people here absolutely have no clue what to do on slick surfaces, except slow down - often to 5 mph.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Hey Smokey, wish you were here. It was 82 here today.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TwistedMick Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 pm

We're screwed in North Central PA... no riding up here for a few months. No

Fly, where are you in Iowa? I'm originally from Lorimor (union County), went to high school in Centerville.
TwistedMick
TwistedMick

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum