Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENERAL GRABBER

4 posters

Go down

GENERAL GRABBER Empty GENERAL GRABBER

Post  insp#484 Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 am

I have looked all over and all I can find is a Grabber UHP where is this Grabber UTP and what are the differences The UHP looks like the same tread online. HELP
insp#484
insp#484

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

GENERAL GRABBER Empty Re: GENERAL GRABBER

Post  DocRawk Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:32 am

I've got the UHP. I'm pretty sure UTP is a typo. If you go to General's website, they only have the UHP, ST, and HP in the Grabber line.

http://www.generaltire.com/generator/www/us/en/generaltire/automobile/themes/van/performance/overview_perf_suv_en.html
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 am

DocRawk wrote:I've got the UHP. I'm pretty sure UTP is a typo. If you go to General's website, they only have the UHP, ST, and HP in the Grabber line.

http://www.generaltire.com/generator/www/us/en/generaltire/automobile/themes/van/performance/overview_perf_suv_en.html

Hey Brandon,

You get your tire mounted and miles on it yet? Come on...tell us? Don't keep us in suspense like gstanfield did!

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 am

I'm hoping to get it done this Thursday, but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate. My work schedule is a real hardship when it comes to getting stuff like this done. I don't want to have the bike down for more than a day since I don't have a garage and don't wanna leave her on a stand in the apartment parking lot. The only way I can do that is to get the wheel off and get the tires swapped on the same day. Thursday is the only day that I can get off a little early so that I can get the wheel off before the shop I use closes. If it rains this Thursday, it'll be two more weeks cause my girlfriend and I are going to meet with her pastor to see about wedding arrangements next Thursday. With my luck, the weather will be perfect next Thursday and probably rain again the next...
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:16 am

DocRawk wrote:I'm hoping to get it done this Thursday, but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate. My work schedule is a real hardship when it comes to getting stuff like this done. I don't want to have the bike down for more than a day since I don't have a garage and don't wanna leave her on a stand in the apartment parking lot. The only way I can do that is to get the wheel off and get the tires swapped on the same day. Thursday is the only day that I can get off a little early so that I can get the wheel off before the shop I use closes. If it rains this Thursday, it'll be two more weeks cause my girlfriend and I are going to meet with her pastor to see about wedding arrangements next Thursday. With my luck, the weather will be perfect next Thursday and probably rain again the next...

Great....we'll be waiting to hear from you late Thursday or Friday!..... Very Happy Very Happy

...........bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  insp#484 Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Great thats what I wanted to hear I am so stoked about getting this tire im sick about it. I have definatley pondered other brands and sizes but that Grabber has got me on the height. Once I learned how to do the math (thanks twinn) the 205/65 has a side wall heigth of 5.2 inches and the 165/80 has a side wall heigth of 5.19 inches once converted the 205/70 on the other hand is 5.6 inches and if I am figuring correctly 15 in rim plus 2x 5.6 is roughly 26 inches which will definatley cut the rpm`s down on the X and put top end back as close to the stock top end was as can be for now maybe slightly better
insp#484
insp#484

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Inspector,

You are welcome sir....glad we could help! That's what friends do!

Well hurry up and git the thing on! Now you know why I was so excited to do the 205/65 thing. I wasn't even ready to need one yet and still had a 1/4 of the tire left on my 165, but the urge of putting the 205 on was tooooooo strong!.......ehehehehehe So I smell whatcha' stepping in... Wink

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:34 pm

It was a typo, I thought I had edited it out, but sometimes my brain doesn't work as well as my brain. Wink

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  insp#484 Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:40 am

Thanks man I always get hung up on the little things but Im gonna get that BIG TIRE
insp#484
insp#484

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:21 am

gstanfield wrote:It was a typo, I thought I had edited it out, but sometimes my brain doesn't work as well as my brain. Wink

George

Not you....with your mad typing skills..................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 am

It's normally other people who are mad at my typing skills Smile

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:17 am

Well, the weather has shot my opportunity to get the thing mounted today. Looks like I get to wait two more weeks... Sad On the bright side, great weather slated for this weekend, and there ain't nothing wrong with getting some more miles out of the Khumo. Smile
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:31 pm

I might get to ride mine to work in the morning for the first time. It'll be about 20 on the way to work, but a ncie balmy 45 on the ride home. I just gotta make it around the big mud puddle (small lake) in front of my shop where the bike is parked inside. Today's snow melt was the first big melt since we bought the house and I find that I have a neat little lake between my shop and the driveway No

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down