Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi From Northern VA

2 posters

Go down

Hi From Northern VA Empty Hi From Northern VA

Post  HD2R3 Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a 2007 Rocket III with about 9000 miles. I bought it in July with 3500 miles so I do like to ride quite a bit. It has the original tires and I'm about to take it in for its 10,000 mile service and while it's there I want to switch out the tires, not much life left on them. I am considering a CT, mainly because of cost and lack of durability of MCT's. My concern is probably the same as everyone else's when they started researching - handling. I am trying to understand how you can corner safely with a CT because of its square profile compared to the rounded profile of a MCT. I do most of my recreational riding up in the Shenandoahs. Anyway, I was wondering if a consensus had developed on what is the best tire for the model I have. I would appreciate any input. And I apologize that my first post is diving right in with asking for advice. The tire that seems to lead the list right now is the Riken Raptor 225/55/16

HD2R3

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Hi From Northern VA Empty Re: Hi From Northern VA

Post  xhdskip Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Well I think you've already found the best tire and size.
my '07 has a Riken Raptor on it with over 20,000 miles on the tire and still looks good.
Probably get another 10,000 out of it.
Not a bad investment for a $100.00 tire.
The Raptor is square for sure,
but mines rounded off pretty good now.
The only secret I've discovered is you have to find the "sweet spot".
At 32 PSI mine rode like a one ton truck, at 28PSI it rides like a cadillac.
Major difference.
Just play with it till you find the right ride for you.
Hope this helps.
skip
xhdskip
xhdskip

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down