Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Darkside

4 posters

Go down

New to Darkside Empty New to Darkside

Post  southcross Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

After reading about going to the darkside and doing research and listening to the pro' and con's from the so-called experts.
I have gone to the Darkside with my 2006 VTX C. I have almost 38,000 miles on the bike and not having been able to get more than 8,000 miles on any rear bike tire. I decided to make the switch. So far I see no downside to switching to the Bridgestone Potenza. I took my wheel and tire to at least 6 different shops in my area,both bike shops and tire stores and none would mount the tire.
They were worried about liability and said no. I mounted the tire myself at my garage with some help from my wife.
A little hand cleaner to lube up the bead and on it went and seated on the rim at 25 psi.
I took off my lead weights and put Dyna-Beads in the tire. I have the pressure set at 32psi and it rides great.
Used a 205/60HR 16.It went on without a problem even with my trailer hitch installed. I thought I might have to take the hitch off ,but it slipped right on .Of course I had to put the tire on flat and the air it up after it was bolted on.
I am 61 years old and have been riding and racing bikes since I was 14,you do the math! Almost 50 years of experience.
The expected tire wear on the car tire should save me lots of bucks for more bike trips next summer. I live in Tn and we do not have many straight roads. The handling is just as good as with the Avon I took off.

southcross

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

New to Darkside Empty Re: New to Darkside

Post  jedishon Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Welcome to the darkside. Bet it handles better in the rain.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Congrats and welcome! Don't do math....you are only as young or old as you feel! LOL Ride it like you stole it!!

Darkside Rulz!

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 am

Welcome Cross, great to see this positive mail from such an experienced rider.
By the way, great wife you have, helping you out mounting the tire.

Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down