Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More scooters want to go to the Darkside.

3 posters

Go down

More scooters want to go to the Darkside. Empty More scooters want to go to the Darkside.

Post  Stickyfrog Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 am

I was pretty lucky to find 145/70 12 car tire (still love it btw) for may MP3 250. I have some friends (one who test rode mine and loved it) who want to go to the Darkside. Trouble is they have 400cc and 500cc MP3's that take a 14 inch rear and while we have been all over the interwebs looking there seems to be none available in the US. They are available overseas though. We figure the ideal size for them would be 165/55-14. Anyone have a secret source for unusual tire sizes?
Stickyfrog
Stickyfrog

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

More scooters want to go to the Darkside. Empty Re: More scooters want to go to the Darkside.

Post  twin1300 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 am

That's a new one on us for a size!!! Good luck!

..................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

More scooters want to go to the Darkside. Empty Re: More scooters want to go to the Darkside.

Post  Stickyfrog Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks. Figured I would post this question here since the people on this board have the most experience in finding c/t skins for bikes.
Stickyfrog
Stickyfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:13 am

Hey Frog,

I've been checking since where I live there are still a lot of old cars running around.
What I found is a 165/65/14
The brand is "Federal" and it's imported from the US, since the 14" is almost not prouced
anymore.
Check them out.
Will let you know if I find others.

Tropical regards,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:26 am

Frog,

Here you guys go 165/15/14;

http://www.onlinetires.com/search/vehicle/tires/all_brands/asc/14.00/all_tires/all_speeds/page_1.html
Price of the federal, they've 2 types is around 38 bucks.

FYI, here's a list of brands making this size tire
Bridgestone Playz PZ-1
Bridgestone B-Syle EX
Falken ZE512
Federal FD1
Goodyear Eagle LS2000
Goodyear Revspec RS02
Yokohama DNA ECOS ES300
Dunlop Direzza DZ101
Michelin Pilot Preceda
Hankook Ventus K102
Nankang NS-2
Nankang AS-2

Good Luck,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Stickyfrog Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 am

Wow thanks Robert. I am going to pass this on. Didn't realize so many make that size tire.
Stickyfrog
Stickyfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  Stickyfrog Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Just an update. 14 inch tires are pretty hard to find. Still. One of the guys tried a 165/65R14 off the front of a Can Am Spyder. Took it to a shop and they blew it up trying to seat it. Not sure what the details were there but obviously much pressure was involved. One of the other guys tried a 165/55 14 but the short sidewall made it impossible to seat even using a ratcheting strap and going up to 100psi. The are still looking. They have all come to a consensus that 155/65 14 would be the ideal size but they are even harder to find. I will post any more results here in case the info is helpful to someone else. And as always, any ideas or recommendations from the experts here is always appreciated. -- John
Stickyfrog
Stickyfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down