Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

99 Honda A.C.E. I did it!!

Go down

99 Honda A.C.E. I did it!! Empty 99 Honda A.C.E. I did it!!

Post  CafeRay Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Well, I did it guys and gals! I crossed over to the darkside. I bought a 165/80/15 and had my, not too crazy about the idea, mechanic to install the tire to the stock rim. I want you all to know that when you look at all the other posts, 95 % of the pics show short fenders, wide tires. It was confusing because alot of people call them A.C.E.'s but ACE stands for American Classic Edition which is the retro (large) fenders and bigger front tire. I didn't know if the 165 would work( my bike is a 99 ACE Chain drive) so I measure the stock tire width(170/80/15) to the 165 and behold the were the same width! All you folks out there are amazing for your posts. I can honestly say that it works! It didn't take long to get used to the new tire. I had already done a rear sprocket mod from a 42 to 38 tooth sprocket which lowered my rpm's. I will soon be doing a Valkyrie gas tank mod so my 60 mpg ACE can go further on the 6 gallon tank..lol! I am glad i don't have to get a new tire under 10k miles anymore! Thanks again everyone! Cool
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com

CafeRay
CafeRay

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-19

http://route321cafe.com

Back to top Go down