Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1k report

5 posters

Go down

1k report Empty 1k report

Post  TennX Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Just turned 1k on my CT and am still alive...for all intent and purposes the way I ride dont even know its back there anymore...and the GF is diggin it too...On a similar note I will say I was a skeptic with an open mind...I will never understand the guys who rag us (feels good to say us) for using the ct with nothing more than an opinion...Once again many,many thanks.....
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

1k report Empty Re: 1k report

Post  Doc Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Glad y'all are digging it... lol!

You're right that you get so used to it, you don't even notice it anymore.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

1,000 mile and you haven't crashed and died a firery death. Are you tired of having to stop at every turn and get off the bike and push it around until its pointing in the direction you want to go yet? Not being able to turn has always been my biggest complaint.

Seriously I'm glad your happy Phil. Have you wondered what took you so long to switch over yet?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TennX Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

jedishon wrote:1,000 mile and you haven't crashed and died a firery death. Are you tired of having to stop at every turn and get off the bike and push it around until its pointing in the direction you want to go yet? Not being able to turn has always been my biggest complaint.

Seriously I'm glad your happy Phil. Have you wondered what took you so long to switch over yet?

Jerry

I was just being cheep, stocker got me 12k and then when I did the foots ,rim came with a brand new metz. 200, when it died at 6k , i know it was time to pull the trigger...
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyDraco Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Glad you enjoyed it...
My mate was DS rider for almost 4 yrs...
He got tired of it... He's back to Avons all around...

But he sure does miss how nice it was riding in the rain, when he said he would see that nice wide foot print in the mirror...
It also save our lives back in 04... When he was rear ended in OK... I left my bike at the hotel ..
As we went to grabbed a bite to eat... And Wham !!! This girl hit us , I had just leaned to tell Don watch out for this truck.As her lights were NOT on yet and it was dark out....
If I was leaning back,The tour pack would have been pushed in my back, And might had broken it...That's how much force the hit was..
The lower fender dug into the tire and stopped it cold ... But the F-250 was still pushing us...
Don did one helluva job keeping the bike up... He said he could feel the rear sway , then it found it's place and was like on a rail for 75 feet.....

If we had a moto tire on the bike , it would have gone down for sure .. Due to the tire would have blown....

I love my GoodYear Triple treads.... They grip real nice...
I have been DS for 8yrs now...1k report Augie
LadyDraco
LadyDraco

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:48 pm

I just checked the Vredestein mileage...3600...and it still looks brand new!!! My Pirelli Night Dragon had 3000 on it and was half shot (by measurement) when I took it off and went DS.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum