Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another New Guy here

+2
smokey2255
baggerjohn
6 posters

Go down

Another New Guy here Empty Another New Guy here

Post  baggerjohn Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 am

I am new to this forum and would like to know anything I can about what tire and size to use for my 02 Harley Road King. I have the original 9 spoke stock wheel
and run Metzler 880's. Also, what do I do with the front tire? Thanks in advance.

Bagger John

baggerjohn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Another New Guy here Empty Re: Another New Guy here

Post  smokey2255 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:21 pm

John, what size is the stocker on the bike now. The vast majority of us are on metrics and don't stay up on our tire sizes for all makes of bikes. Feed us a little more info so we can jump in and help a brother out.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Another New Guy here Empty No luck yet

Post  donatalie Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Bagger John,
I just joined this site a few days ago myself. I have had NO luck finding a tire that fits our bikes. I have an 04 HD EGC. Both your bike and mine have rear tires that are only 140 MM wide at the tread, on a 3.5 inch wide, and 16 inch in diameter wheel. I don't think the problem is the final drive belt, per se. I think the real problem is that no one appears to make a standard car tire that will fit those dimensions. I haven't given up yet, though. If/when I find one that does fit, I'll certainly post it here. If you find it first, please do the same. Thanks, Don from PA.

Last edited by donatalie on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo on tire width, originally listed as 130 mm, sorry)

donatalie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 pm

The only thing i can think of that might fit would be some antique car tire sizes.
Coker Tires makes a large selection of reproduction antique car tires in both radial and bias plys.
You can look here CLICK
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Another New Guy here Empty another new guy

Post  blast Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 pm

i am eating three to four tires a year with a 2005 flht standard and this website is why i came over to the dark side. i ride agressively as often as possible but maintain my bike well. if any one has any info on running a car tire on a 140/90/16 or 140/90/16 rear i would appreciate it. thankyou.blast.

blast

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Another New Guy here Empty HD rear tire for RK

Post  baggerjohn Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 pm

donatalie wrote:Bagger John,
I just joined this site a few days ago myself. I have had NO luck finding a tire that fits our bikes. I have an 04 HD EGC. Both your bike and mine have rear tires that are only 140 MM wide at the tread, on a 3.5 inch wide, and 16 inch in diameter wheel. I don't think the problem is the final drive belt, per se. I think the real problem is that no one appears to make a standard car tire that will fit those dimensions. I haven't given up yet, though. If/when I find one that does fit, I'll certainly post it here. If you find it first, please do the same. Thanks, Don from PA.

When I find something that will help us, I will let you know. Thanks.

Bagger John

baggerjohn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I couldn't find one at 150mm for my Heritage and no one else had gone Darkside on softails then, but determined, I did the clay turd measuring trick plus backchecked with a small rule and found 14mm to spare at my closest point; the fender. That allowed me to get the smallest available 16 used, the Vredestein Comtrac 175/75/16. Here is the other one I found for about $50 more, but untried on bikes thus far:
http://store.cokertire.com/550r16-excelsior-stahl-sport-radial.html
It LOOKS like it would do a good job if you can get that 6" width in there, but I doubt it. I wish I had something for ya.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum