Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 Valkyrie???

+4
nodakbassmaster
twin1300
jedishon
DocRawk
8 posters

Go down

2008 Valkyrie??? Empty 2008 Valkyrie???

Post  DocRawk Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:54 pm

I'm probably a little slow picking up on this one, but did Honda discontinue the Valkyrie this year?
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

2008 Valkyrie??? Empty Re: 2008 Valkyrie???

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:05 pm

my understanding is it is no longer in production.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:23 pm

I think 2003 or '04 was the last year. The brains and intuition behind the Valkyrie at Honda kept it in the forefront of Honda till his un-timely death and then Honda becasue they had no one to champion the bike, let it die off.

At least that's the story I have read from internet post of the guy who designed the Valkyrie. He had a lot of insight for what I read.

Maybe some Valk guys can come on and clear it up....if I messed it up how I told it.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Maybe some Valk guys can come on and clear it up....if I messed it up how I told it.

..................bobby

.[/quote]

Bobby, Seriously when was the last time you messed up.......
besides that time when....never mind, that was me.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 pm

sounds like you did better than the empty box...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:34 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:sounds like you did better than the empty box...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

On introduction in 1997, a naked `Standard` and a `Tourer` model were offered. The Tourer included a windshield and lockable hard saddlebags.

In 1999, the `Interstate` model was added to the lineup that included a fork mounted fairing along with a trunk at the rear of the motorcycle.

As sales eventually dwindled, the `Tourer` model was dropped in 2000 and the `Interstate` was dropped in 2001, leaving only the `Standard` model remaining. 2003 saw the standard offered only in black and was the last year of the original Valkyrie.

The Rune doesn't count. Rolling Eyes

+1 Take that all you haters.......................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

...............bobby

Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:

On introduction in 1997, a naked `Standard` and a `Tourer` model were offered. The Tourer included a windshield and lockable hard saddlebags.

In 1999, the `Interstate` model was added to the lineup that included a fork mounted fairing along with a trunk at the rear of the motorcycle.

As sales eventually dwindled, the `Tourer` model was dropped in 2000 and the `Interstate` was dropped in 2001, leaving only the `Standard` model remaining. 2003 saw the standard offered only in black and was the last year of the original Valkyrie.

+1 Take that all you haters.......................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

...............bobby

I read what wikipedia said about the Valkyries and either they are wrong or I got ripped off when I bought my Valk last year from a Honda dealer in Baton Rouge. It is titled as a 2003 Valkyrie Interstate. Something is not correct. See my Avitar. It looks like an Interstate to me. Fork mounted fairing, dual headlight, saddlebags and trunk. I do not have a tail light on the rear fender and there never was or there would be some indication that there was one there. I would like to have one there though. It is good to have as many stop/running light as possible for those visually challenged cagers.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Tanglefoot wrote:

I read what wikipedia said about the Valkyries and either they are wrong or I got ripped off when I bought my Valk last year from a Honda dealer in Baton Rouge. It is titled as a 2003 Valkyrie Interstate. Something is not correct. See my Avitar. It looks like an Interstate to me. Fork mounted fairing, dual headlight, saddlebags and trunk. I do not have a tail light on the rear fender and there never was or there would be some indication that there was one there. I would like to have one there though. It is good to have as many stop/running light as possible for those visually challenged cagers.

The last year I find the Valk in any Honda parts fiche in any at form at is a 2003 model. Suspect But it's not showing any trunk or fairing options for that year on the Valk.....odd. Question

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Warlock Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Tanglefoot wrote:
Toasted_311 wrote:

...............bobby

2003 was the last year offered for the Valkyrie and only in the standaed model. If yours is titled as a 2003 Interstate it's time to visit the dealer that sold it to you. Was it GN Gonzales that sold it to you? I hear rumor he has several still in the crate. But look between yout triple tree on the left hand side and the sticker will give you the year it was made. No Interstate build in 03.
David

Warlock

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Warlock wrote:
Tanglefoot wrote:
Toasted_311 wrote:

...............bobby

2003 was the last year offered for the Valkyrie and only in the standaed model. If yours is titled as a 2003 Interstate it's time to visit the dealer that sold it to you. Was it GN Gonzales that sold it to you? I hear rumor he has several still in the crate. But look between yout triple tree on the left hand side and the sticker will give you the year it was made. No Interstate build in 03.
David
Do you really think GN Gonzales has some in a crate? Would they be for sale?

And if they titled Tanglefoots ride as an 03 Interstate does he have a legal problem or a cause for legal action?

Sounds to me like Tanglefoot got .......... Bamboozeled !!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Warlock Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 pm

He has several used Valkyries on the showroom floor. He's proud of them also. I've heard he's hard to deal with. If they titled it as a 03 Interstate to me thats fraud. I'd take them to the cleaners. Of course they still sell some Runes that are still new. The Rune has a look of it's own and to me not part of the Valkyrie family. I love my 99 Valkyrie Tourer and also my 1300 C VTX. If I had to get rid of one the VTX would be the one leaving. Can't really compare these two. Two different beast and I love both of them. My VTX is set up solo.
David

Warlock

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:21 pm

Warlock wrote:He has several used Valkyries on the showroom floor. He's proud of them also. I've heard he's hard to deal with. If they titled it as a 03 Interstate to me thats fraud. I'd take them to the cleaners. Of course they still sell some Runes that are still new. The Rune has a look of it's own and to me not part of the Valkyrie family. I love my 99 Valkyrie Tourer and also my 1300 C VTX. If I had to get rid of one the VTX would be the one leaving. Can't really compare these two. Two different beast and I love both of them. My VTX is set up solo.
David

When I went there before buying my VTX I was looking for a Valk. all I saw was 2 used mint green ones. Nobody there would help me. I wanted a black one with Cobra six packs. Since I went 2x and didn't so much as get asked if I could be helped, I went to Friendly Honda. Met the owner, bought the VTX.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Okay guys here is what i found out about my bike I have a rebuilt Valkyrie and I knew this when I bought it. The bike looked real good with new paint in one solid color, burgandy. It had 19,000 miles on it. I was told by a cousin that he thinks he knows the guy that owned it. I know this dude wrecked a bike and had it rebuilt and he now has a Goldwing. There was about 3 years between his wreck and buying a GW. There are no tank decals or anything else stuck to the bike anywhere. In the state of Louisiana if you wreck a bike and have it repaired the bike has to be certified road worthy by the State Police. It now has a La State Police Vin # so I guess it is like a car that built from a kit has to be checked out by the State Police and given a Vin # and it is then given a title with the year of the build/rebuild. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Origional Honda Serial # 1HF/SC410/8/X/A/0/00000 I put the /'s in the #.

1) 1HF--Mfg by Honda of America Mfg. in Ohio
2) SC410--Valkyrie Interstate 49-State Model
3) 8--Check digit Used to ensure the VIN
wasn't mis-keyed or fabricated
4) X--Model year X=1999
5) A--Made in Marysville, Ohio
6) 0--Production year For Interstates
the 1999 models will be a "0
7) 00000--Serial Number

There you have it I have a wrecked 1999 Valkyrie. I think it was origionally Red and Black. I like the burgandy color better anyway. It was sold to me as is and I fell in love with it as it was. A good looking bike and rides like a new one. I am not disappointed with it in any way. Several guys that own Valkyries have ridden it and say nothing is wrong with it so I am satisfied. It does clear up some stuff though.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Now ya know what your riding ............ can't say I've ever known someone that didn't. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:59 pm

I always knew I was riding a Valkyrie Interstate and that it was made in the USA and I thought it was and '03 and it is titled an '03 but the origonal Valk was built in '99. It still looks brand new. I love it and will love it even better when I go to the Darkside with it. Dere ain't nuttin 'rong wid dis ride.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down