Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Devil, I have questions

5 posters

Go down

White Devil, I have questions Empty White Devil, I have questions

Post  smokey2255 Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 am

Mark, which strobe system are you using for your brakes and can you hook me up with the how to,
also who did your seat mod? and which back rest are you using?

Thanks

Smokey/ Larry
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

White Devil, I have questions Empty Re: White Devil, I have questions

Post  WhiteDevil Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Hey Smokie......I just saw the other day what you got......It will surprise alot of people won't it !! Congrats !!! The only problem is you got the wrong color.....The white ones are the fast model.

I'll be glad to help you out with the lights and anything else you need. I'll be in touch with the info.

Mark
WhiteDevil
WhiteDevil

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Mark, the white ones may be the fastest down there but up here that is not so, here the white ones get all choked up on the corn pollen in the air. Plus they blend in with the snow on the ground, yes we get that here and yes I will be riding this thing while it is on the ground. I appreciate the help brother.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WhiteDevil Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Man I can't wait for you, Bobby and me to hook up on some of the roads in North Georgia.....What a blast that will be.....Now all we have to do is find Bobby some more horsepower !!

My seat was done by Bike Solutions located in Austin Texas. The guys name is John and is a very nice guy to deal with. The website is "bikesolutionsllc.com" All the info you need including the form to fill out and send in with your seat is located there. I had the driver seat and passenger seat done as well. He normally has a quick turnaround.

The backrest I use is the Utopia Backrest. I feel its the most popular and the one I like best. Some backrest have mounting bars that run along the side of the seat, but I don't think they look as good and the bars get in the way of your passengers leggs. The Utopia does require you to put a slit in your seat to do the install, but for a guy like you with nerves of steel its no problem.

The light kit I used can be found at www.swps.com/strobe-kits.html Its the 3rd one on the top row. I wired the power supply into the brake light wire so the only time it gets power is when I press the brake (front or rear) that activates the rectifier and makes the lights flash. No big deal !! The power supply ( rectifier ) is mounted in my left saddle bag. You do have to drill a small hole in the saddle bags to run the wire and drill a hole in each light chamber to hold the strobe tube. Its alittle more work than other flash kits you see out there like the "wig wag" or other plug in flashers, but the results (in my mind ) are well worth the effort.

If you need more details or any other info just let me know and I'll do whatever needs to be done to help.
WhiteDevil
WhiteDevil

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 am

WhiteDevil wrote:Man I can't wait for you, Bobby and me to hook up on some of the roads in North Georgia.....What a blast that will be.....Now all we have to do is find Bobby some more horsepower !!

What??? That's not how I remember it! I think I need better brakes so I don't run over you! (Bobby opens his eyes and yawns and remembers he was dreaming) LOL
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Dude Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

twin1300 wrote:
WhiteDevil wrote:Man I can't wait for you, Bobby and me to hook up on some of the roads in North Georgia.....What a blast that will be.....Now all we have to do is find Bobby some more horsepower !!

What??? That's not how I remember it! I think I need better brakes so I don't run over you! (Bobby opens his eyes and yawns and remembers he was dreaming) LOL

As slow as you were riding we thought you were sleeping then Very Happy

Mark,thanks for the info and the links. Thats just what I was looking for. I am prioritizing my mod list.

My first mod is done, did it first because it was so darn easy, made a tether for the gas cap so now I dont have to worry about leaving it, not that I ever would Laughing Just makes it a lot more hands free.

Next is a cup holder, well okay 3 cup holders,
Brake strobes
Headlight modulator
Cruise pegs
backrest
seat modification

Thats just the start of my list but it gives me a goal Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
Dude
Dude

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Dude wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

As slow as you were riding we thought you were sleeping then Very Happy

Mark,thanks for the info and the links. Thats just what I was looking for. I am prioritizing my mod list.

My first mod is done, did it first because it was so darn easy, made a tether for the gas cap so now I dont have to worry about leaving it, not that I ever would Laughing Just makes it a lot more hands free.

Next is a cup holder, well okay 3 cup holders,
Brake strobes
Headlight modulator
Cruise pegs
backrest
seat modification

Thats just the start of my list but it gives me a goal Laughing

See you out there
Smokey

Be nice Smoke! Or....I will take the spark plugs out of you broom and you will be walking! LOL

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Cassie's broom dont take spark plugs, so I have a backup plan Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassie Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:06 am

Oooh hell no you didnt, you are not borrowing my broomstick anyway Ive seen what you do to your rides and you aint screwing mine up!!!!
Cassie
Cassie
crazy person

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 am

Cassie wrote:Oooh hell no you didnt, you are not borrowing my broomstick anyway Ive seen what you do to your rides and you aint screwing mine up!!!!

You just don't want me to slide it out of your "secret" hiding spot ...... but just think baby, if I wrecked it it would be textured for ya ❤ Twisted Evil

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 am

Cassie wrote:Oooh hell no you didnt, you are not borrowing my broomstick anyway Ive seen what you do to your rides and you aint screwing mine up!!!!

AAhahahahahaha You tell 'em Cassie!
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 am

AAhahahahahaha You tell 'em Cassie!
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down