Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....

2 posters

Go down

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  Empty Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:44 am

Another beautiful day it was hot but with lower humidity at least we was'nt wearin' the air. Hooked up in Clinton , Tennessee with Thumper , Lucky13, Jack and Paul and headed to the Blue Grass State. We took the long scenic route up through historic Rugby, Tennessee. These first pictures are from the " High Bridge " on Hwy.52 ( I've crossed this bridge a hundred times and never knew what they called it ) yesterday Thumper ask " What do they call that bridge " all I could find on the search was " High Bridge " Question

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2005Large

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2009Large

I saw plenty of blue gill in the river that runs through here but no bears...I'm goin' to say thats a good thing .

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2013Large

Next stop was the sandstone cave's near the Tennessee / Kentucky state line in Pickett State Park. These geologic features are very unique for the state of Tennessee...Its a beautiful place and it's like standing in air conditioning when you are near.For the record the roads in this area are made for the art of motorcycling .

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2018Large

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2014Large

Inside looking out...I did'nt go inside very far I did'nt want to wake up one of thoses bears we saw all the signs about What a Face

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2023Large

We had a outstanding lunch at Cumberland Falls State Park in Kentucky they have a all-you-can-eat buffet or hogtrough as I like to call them Smile It had bbq ribs fried chicken , catfish and frog legs etc. We could'nt get our yankee born friend Thumper to try the frog legs Cool they was very good he missed out on some good eatin' .

After lunch we checked out Cumberland Falls then hit the twisties back toward The Great State Of Tennessee.

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2028Large

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2030Large

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2031Large

Again I'd like to ask everyone to keep my friend Paul in your thoughts and prayers as he fights the battle with cancer with great courage and determination.

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  ThumperRideday2032Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....  Empty Re: Day Two...The Tennessee / Kentucky mountains....

Post  jedishon Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:08 am

Great pics Joe. Curing prayer sent.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum