Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND.

5 posters

Go down

WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND. Empty WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND.

Post  spotman Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:53 pm

I want to put a c/t on my 09 yamaha v star 650 custom, the tire on it now is a: 170/80-15 M/C 77s.. What size and type of c/t do you recommend for this bike? Any help would be great. I NEED TO GO DARKSIDE!! Thanks guys. Spotman
spotman
spotman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND. Empty Re: WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND.

Post  nodakbassmaster Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:28 am

I know of nothing off the top of my head... but I have never searched for something that narrow. Start searching tire sites for a comparably sized tire and see what you can find!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND. Empty Re: WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND.

Post  jedishon Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 am

Alot of people have started with the 165-15. Its an old VW tire that works great.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 am

spotman wrote:I want to put a c/t on my 09 yamaha v star 650 custom, the tire on it now is a: 170/80-15 M/C 77s.. What size and type of c/t do you recommend for this bike? Any help would be great. I NEED TO GO DARKSIDE!! Thanks guys. Spotman

If you are who I think you are. (Goober ha ha.) Welcome to the site. You will be able to get all the info you need to make the right choice and safely.

Welcome Glen.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND. Empty 09 V Star 650 Custom

Post  spotman Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks guys, i'll do som more checking on the VW tire. And yeah Moon, it be me. HA HA That pic makes you look thin(er) LOL, thanks for pointing me in this direction, this site is great... Peace my friend, be safe. Glen
spotman
spotman

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 am

spotman wrote:I want to put a c/t on my 09 yamaha v star 650 custom, the tire on it now is a: 170/80-15 M/C 77s.. What size and type of c/t do you recommend for this bike? Any help would be great. I NEED TO GO DARKSIDE!! Thanks guys. Spotman

165/80/15. It will be a tad shorter but not sure if you would notice. The benefits far out with the little shorter in height. I ran this tire as my first darkside and loved it.

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF C/T DO YOU RECOMMEND. Empty 09 v star 650 custom

Post  spotman Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanx, i'll give it a try and keep ya posted..Glen
spotman
spotman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum