Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One happy guy

5 posters

Go down

One happy guy Empty One happy guy

Post  johnc486 Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:54 pm

On my trip home from work, my VTX started vibrating from the rear (30 mile) at 60 MPH. Upon inspection I found the rear original Dunflop had cupped quite a bit and informed the better half that I wouldn't ride it until replaced. I have been reading on several forums about the "darkside" and told self, this is the time to go for it. Called local MC shop to see if they would install one if I brought the tire in and to my amasement, they , said they would install in 2 hours. A stop at a local Goodyear dealer and a Triple tread was on its way for installation. True to their word, the tire was installed within the 2 hours for $40.00 including new valve stem and balancing. Rode the bike 15 miles in an unexpected rain storm home, I am not going to lie, I was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof the installer told me that the majority of bikers that he had installed them for had returned to replace with MC tires within a month, I had no reply. Today I rode for 150 miles and their is NO WAY a MC tire will ever be placed on the rear of this bike as long as I own it. The real adjustment has been the additional countersteering in curves, but the longer I rode the more comfortable I became, rode on back rode and the superslab. I kinow will do better than the 5100 miles I got on the original, sorry for the long post but I couldn't keep my enjoyment to myself. ONE HAPPY DARKSIDER

johnc486

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

One happy guy Empty Re: One happy guy

Post  ToMang07 Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:07 pm

johnc486 wrote:ONE HAPPY DARKSIDER

Congrats and Welcome! What a Face

I now have over 1000 miles and LOVE it, I will stick with the C/Ts as well! Twisted Evil
ToMang07
ToMang07

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Welcome to the world of the darkside. Makes you wonder why he said most go back to a mt in a month. Think maybe he was stretching the truth a little?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsmobility Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Another satisfied Darksider.

At first, I was put off by the feel of the car tire, and I could easily see somebody that doesn't ride often, never getting used to it. If you only ride once a week or less, that unusual feeling might convince you to turn back. With a little time and experience, the car tire will prove itself to be superior.

Last edited by Oldsmobility on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:01 am

I think I've only seen where ONE GUY went back in months of reading DS forums. That guy is an outright liar - he probably just didn't want the extra work of putting in the DS.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down