Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Momma Mia!

3 posters

Go down

Momma Mia! Empty Momma Mia!

Post  RedTide Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Picked up the Michelin Hydroedge 205/65-16 today and it is one big puppy! The 180/70-15 Avon looks tiny next to it. Am converting to cast wheels, which should be back from the PCer this weekend. Then it is mounting the tires (Avon Cobra front), Dyna Beads, nitrogen, new bearings and pads for both wheels and moving all the other componets from the spoke rear to the cast. I did have to get a rear disc, as they are not swappable. Putting on a new set of Progressive 412s too. A friend of mine put one of these on his '02 Retro and had about 1/8" clearance on the shaft side. Am hoping that I will not have any drive shaft arm issues either.

Momma Mia! Th_205-65-16

Last edited by RedTide on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

RedTide

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Momma Mia! Empty Re: Momma Mia!

Post  Doc Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Sounds like a good set up. Post some pics when you get it all done.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 am

you got it covered, but if the nitrogen fill is costing anything, skip it. You are already at 80% N2 with regular compressed air Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  RedTide Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 am

I get the nitrogen free, I certainly would not pay for it. The vast majority of ppl have no idea that nitrogen is part of air, much less the major portion of it. They think that it is some kind of rarified gas. Nitrogen fills are not really of any benefit unless they are above 95% and you might as well use plain air if you cannot get better than that. The real benefits of nitrogen come from it larger molecule size (less leaking), less responsiveness to temperature changes and it is inert (no oxidation). Actually, it is pretty much a waste of time & $ for most. NASCAR is big on it, but they are a different animal altogether.

RedTide

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:11 pm

and aircraft tires.... Wink
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604