Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know your from Louisiana when...

+6
Toasted_311
smokey2255
quadancer
twin1300
jedishon
Badmoon
10 posters

Go down

You know your from Louisiana when... Empty You know your from Louisiana when...

Post  Badmoon Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:27 pm

You Know You're from Louisiana When...

- Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside, even in December.

- You reinforce you attic to store Mardi Gras beads.

- You don't look twice when you see pink flamingos in yards of nice subdivisions during Mardi Gras.

- You save newspapers, not for recycling but for tablecloths at crawfish boils.

- Your ancestors are buried ABOVE the ground.

- You drink Community Coffee, have tried Starbucks, but don't see what all the fuss is about.

- You take a bite of Five-Alarm Chili and reach for the Tobasco.

- Every once in a while, you have waterfront property.

- You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says, "Don't eat the dead ones," and you know what they mean.

- You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a National Holiday.

- You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

- Little old ladies PUSH YOU out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

- You believe that PURPLE, GREEN, and GOLD look good together.

- Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled.

- You know what a nutria is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team.

- Your town is LOW on the education chart, high on the obesity chart, and you DON'T care because you're NO. 1 on the PARTY CHART.

- Your house payment is less than your utility bill.

- You know that Tchoupitoulas is a STREET not a DISEASE.

- Your grandparents are called "Maw-Maw" and "Paw-Paw"

- Your Santa Claus rides an alligator and your favorite SAINT is a football player.

- You cringe every time you hear an actor with a Southern or Cajun accent in a "New Orleans-based" movie or TV show.

- You have to reset your clocks after every thunderstorm.

- You're walking in the French Quarter with a plastic cup of BEER.

- When it starts to rain, you cover your BEER instead of your head.

- You've eaten at one or more of these restaurants, AND know how to pronounce them: Prejeans, Tu Jac's, Gallatoire's, Ralph & Kacoo's, or Mulatte's.

- You have crawfish mounds in your front yard.

- You give directions and use words like "uptown," "downtown," "backatown," "riverside," "lakeside," "other side of the bayou" or "other side of the levee."

- You refer to a geographical location "way up North," you are referring to places like Shreveport, Little Rock or Memphis, "where it gets real cold."

- You don't worry when you see ships riding higher in the river than the top of your house.

- You judge a po-boy by the number of napkins used.

- The four seasons in your year are: crawfish, shrimp, crab, and King Cake.

- You "wrench" your hands in the sink with an onion bar to get the crawfish smell off.

- You cringe when people pronounce the largest city in the state as "Nawlins," because only TOURISTS call it that!

- You know those big roaches can fly, but you're able to sleep at night anyway.

- You assume everyone has mosquito swarms in their backyard.

- You realize the rainforest is less humid than Louisiana.

- You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.

- When out of town, you stop and ask someone where there is a drive-through Daiquiri place, and they look at you like you have three heads.

- You call tomato sauce "red gravy."

- You fall asleep to the soothing sounds of four box fans.

- No matter where else you go in the world, you are always disappointed in the food.

- You get on a bus marked "Cemeteries" and dont think twice.

- Your first sentence was "Throw me something mistah" and your first drink was from a go-cup.

- You have a parade ladder in your shed.

- You shake out your shoes before putting them on.

- You eat sno-balls instead of throwing them.

- You meet someone for the first time they tell you their entire family tree, and somehow you are related to their family.

Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

You know your from Louisiana when... Empty Re: You know your from Louisiana when...

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Badmoon wrote:You Know You're from Louisiana When...

- You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says, "Don't eat the dead ones," and you know what they mean.

You got me with this one. But I know about the rest. Not saying wether I've been a part of them or not though.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

You know your from Louisiana when... Empty Re: You know your from Louisiana when...

Post  twin1300 Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Ahahahahaha Good one Moon and true dat!
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Dat list, he wunnamous!
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm

True dat, to all dem. Dem dead ones make you sick.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 pm

smokey2255 wrote:True dat, to all dem. Dem dead ones make you sick.

See you out there
Smokey

Jus depends on how long they have been dead. So far this year I have only tossed maybe a pound out from being dead. I was boiling up two sacks at a time three times a week.

Will do some more if I get off the boat in time. Fo-Sho.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Now I know. It is what I thought.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 am

After a year in Alexandria as a kid, I still think of them as eating bugs. It ain't a lobster no matter HOW much butter you slather on!
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:27 am

quadancer wrote:After a year in Alexandria as a kid, I still think of them as eating bugs. It ain't a lobster no matter HOW much butter you slather on!

I'd assume you could stomach them if you were drunk enough, I've been drunk but never drunk enough to eat a crawfish. Suspect Suspect

You Cajun boys are a weird bunch. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now someone pass the alligator gumbo please. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:38 am

Its Crawfsih, Garlic (whole), Onion (whole), Taters (whole), Mushrooms (whole), Sausage (whole), Eggs (boiled) and whatever else yall want to put in there. Boiled to perfection with a galon of powdered Crawfish boil. Served with Love and 5 or 3 beers to wash it down. Dont get much more gooder than that.

Dont forget to was your hands with Dawn Dishwashing Liquid before handleing any personal parts. For those of you that eat crawfish know what Im talking about.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:15 am

quadancer wrote:After a year in Alexandria as a kid, I still think of them as eating bugs. It ain't a lobster no matter HOW much butter you slather on!

Butter!!! That's sacrileges...LOL Crab boil is the only way to fly! And you ruin a lobster if you don't boil him like a crawfish. JMO....LOL
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ToMang07 Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:56 am

twin1300 wrote:

Butter!!! That's sacrileges...LOL Crab boil is the only way to fly! And you ruin a lobster if you don't boil him like a crawfish. JMO....LOL

Don't U southern boys get me started on lobstah. U ever wanna EXPERIENCE REAL lobstah, come to Maine! King

I will teach you, young padawan! lol!
ToMang07
ToMang07

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:10 am

ToMang07 wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

Don't U southern boys get me started on lobstah. U ever wanna EXPERIENCE REAL lobstah, come to Maine! King

I will teach you, young padawan! lol!

If I do, I am bringing some crab boil with me and I will show you how to do 'em right! You will be throwing bricks at the butter!! LOL
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:27 pm

[quote]Don't U southern boys get me started on lobstah. U ever wanna EXPERIENCE REAL lobstah, come to Maine!

ToMang07, I was up your way last June to visit an Uncle in New Hampshire. Went with him, a couple of cousins and had a 2 pounder with some steamahs.
I have been thinking about going back for a 3 pounder and some more steamahs. I think they call the place Cape Pier Chowder House at Cape Porpoise, a little north of Kennebunkport, Me.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Moon, hope to learn something from you in September !
Tropical regards, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey_243 Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Badmoon, you make me homesick.

smokey_243

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down