Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with process

4 posters

Go down

help with process Empty help with process

Post  mgw12 Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:02 pm

i have been searching the site for the "how to"get the tire on my bike and what i need to make it happen. I have heard differnt things and was hoping for an info page. Is there something like that here?

mgw12

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Back to top Go down

help with process Empty Re: help with process

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:00 am

Kind of slow this morning, I'm not understanding what you mean by "how to". You take the old tire off, take it to a dealer have the new tire put on the wheel, put the new tire on in reverse order of taking the old one off. If there is an area you need more spec's about please let us know what bike you have.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mgw12 Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:20 am

jedishon wrote:Kind of slow this morning, I'm not understanding what you mean by "how to". You take the old tire off, take it to a dealer have the new tire put on the wheel, put the new tire on in reverse order of taking the old one off. If there is an area you need more spec's about please let us know what bike you have.

Jerry

Ya I was not sure how to ask the question either.
I have a STOCK 04 NEO with normal shocks.
From the posts I have read I should be able to run a 205/65/16 Michelin Hydroedge on with my NEO fender.
I saw the tire yesterday and it looks like NO WAY will that fit!
I also was also a little confused on "the bead" aspect. I do not have spoked rims. Do I need to run a tube or the Hydroedge CT bead fit? Anything else needed?
I apologize for the "fluff" question!
I have the 205/65/16 ready to go ..I was looking for that "Just slap it on boy" it'll go on just fine! Laughing

mgw12

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

The only thing you might have to do is let the air out of the tire before slaping it in there. But I have a 1300 and hopefully someone with an 1800 N will help out.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  mgw12 Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:25 am

jedishon wrote:The only thing you might have to do is let the air out of the tire before slaping it in there. But I have a 1300 and hopefully someone with an 1800 N will help out.

Jerry

So the CT will seat to my stock rim? No tube needed? I do not have spokes.

mgw12

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:43 am

mgw12 wrote:
jedishon wrote:The only thing you might have to do is let the air out of the tire before slaping it in there. But I have a 1300 and hopefully someone with an 1800 N will help out.

Jerry

Should seat real good. Clean the rim real good after they get the old tire off. A green scotch pad works good for that. Lube the heck out of it and ya'hoo.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  mgw12 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:00 pm

jedishon wrote:
mgw12 wrote:

Jerry

Should seat real good. Clean the rim real good after they get the old tire off. A green scotch pad works good for that. Lube the heck out of it and ya'hoo.

Jerry

...thanks

mgw12

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:05 pm

+1 on Jedison's advice!!!

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:08 pm

mgw12 wrote:
jedishon wrote:
mgw12 wrote:

Jerry

Jerry

...thanks

No problem, Remember you made need to use a lot of pressure to get it to seat, and you do so at your own risk.Be very careful.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  mgw12 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:17 pm

jedishon wrote:
mgw12 wrote:
jedishon wrote:
mgw12 wrote:

Jerry

Jerry

...thanks

No problem, Remember you made need to use a lot of pressure to get it to seat, and you do so at your own risk.Be very careful.

Jerry

Um....I'm not doing it...I called around and found a MC shop that would do it!...I am not sure they know what their in for! Shocked

mgw12

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 am

Mine only needed 35lbs to set the bead on the 1800C wheel. +1 on letting the air out some to get it back on the bike, you'll have to have the bike about as high as the jacks will go too. At least I did when I test removed the wheel when I did the last test fit of the N rear fender on my C.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down