Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check this motorcycle tire thread out????

5 posters

Go down

Check this motorcycle tire thread out???? Empty Check this motorcycle tire thread out????

Post  twin1300 Fri May 07, 2010 8:35 am

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2800217&posted=1#post2800217

Now...don't go over here and blast these people and jump on them and tell them they should be running a car tire!!!! This is meant for data only and for you to see that even these superior made motorcycle tires do expire and quite frequently!

.................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Check this motorcycle tire thread out???? Empty Re: Check this motorcycle tire thread out????

Post  jedishon Fri May 07, 2010 9:21 am

Yes Twin I'll be nice.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Check this motorcycle tire thread out???? Empty Re: Check this motorcycle tire thread out????

Post  Big Blue Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 am

twin1300 wrote:http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2800217&posted=1#post2800217

Now...don't go over here and blast these people and jump on them and tell them they should be running a car tire!!!! This is meant for data only and for you to see that even these superior made motorcycle tires do expire and quite frequently!

.................bobby

He "heard the tire blow?" Give me a break.

And of course, CT's don't get blow outs...

Big Blue

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 am

Big Blue wrote:
twin1300 wrote:http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2800217&posted=1#post2800217

.................bobby

He "heard the tire blow?" Give me a break.

And of course, CT's don't get blow outs...

The OP in that thread was riding an 1800S, which is a spoked wheel with a tube.
I have heard tubes blow out before, and yes they can sound like a shotgun going off.
So, any tire or tube can fail... And that was Bobby's point.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 am

When I was a kid (when they invented dirt), the occasional blowout on a car was often confused with backfires - neither of which do you ever hear any more. I'd more expect to hear a blowout from a MT than ever from a CT. But a backfire from a bike more so than from a car. And with E.I., even bikes have stopped backfiring, except for about every 3rd cold start on my Hog.
Sure gets the cats outta the garage.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum