Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Seats

+9
kermit
TennX
Tommy Kelly
DS-Wing-Nut
Morgan Buchanan
smokey2255
Poppawolf
jedishon
Muntz
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ultimate Seats Empty Ultimate Seats

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:18 pm

jedishon wrote:Muntz, Just curious about how you like your ultimateX and if you have ever sat on a badX seat.
I'm 5'7" 210lbs and leaning towards the badX but always wiling to listen to others thoughts.
Jerry

Jerry, I hope you dont mind that I started a new thread with this one.

I'm 5'7 and right at 200 now, was 230, with a 29" inseam. I know I'm about to go off in a different direction but stay with me.

When I was looking for a bike, seat height was very important as I wanted to be flat footed at a stop. I was a newbie and didnt know any better about raising and lowering. Progressive springs or anything like that. This was my first street bike ever. With that being said I wanted a moderate amount of power but not too much so that I would be a speed deamon. I picked out the style of bike I wanted and did a little research online. I ended up getting the 1300r based on my criteria. Now I didnt like the way the stock seat looked. Didnt do any research. The only name I knew in seats from TV and the magazines was Corbin. I wanted the wife to ride, so we selected the Corbin Dual Tourer with backrests and the VH Bigshots exhaust. Thats how "Ebony" was delivered to me. After 2000 mi on that Corbin and the fact that I could only stand to ride about 45 mins at a time on it led me to looking at other options. I checked Corbins site, it talked about a break in period. So I went on a 400 mile ride with some friends and could barely walk the next morining.

So I started searching the other board for their recommendations. Most recommend was Ultimate followed closely by Mustang. Mustang came up more often but the Ultimate owners sang the praises loudly. There was a couple of guys that had both mustang and ultimate. One said buy Ultimate, the other buy Mustang. So then I get a message from a guy that says go to a few big bike rides and find what you are looking for on someone else bike and ask them to sit on it.

I also checked into Bad-X. I can say that I didn't find anyone that was truely disappointed. I'm always trying to think 3 steps ahead of myself (( which can be quite confusing ))

This was my thought process... If I ever sold the bike I'd return it to stock and sell all my aftermarket stuff here on the boards to get a better return on my money. So I really wanted to keep the stock seat, stock. Secondly if I modded the seat. What if the guy I sold the bike to wasn't the same size as me, would it make him go look somewhere else?

So I decided to sell the corbin. When I went to take it off I noticed it had been cut by the service techs at the stealer when they did my 600 mile checkup. The dealer ordered me a new seat, they wouldnt get me a mustang or an ultimate. I made the dealer put my stocker on and I took the brand new Corbin home. So I post it on the other board for 7 weeks as a package deal. Then I see what used ones are selling for on E-bay. I split the package up and sold it for more to a guy that was on the other board. Go figure.

Going to several Meet & Greet rides I had found a few mustangs on 1300's and one Ultimate Bigboy on an 1800. Finally I found an Ultimate Lowrider!!! I asked both guys if I could sit on their bikes they both had 1300R's, So I swapped back and forth a few times. A couple of the guys held the bikes up so that I could get into riding position. It had taken a while but I finally had my answer.

Then I ordered my Ultimates. They have a 14 day guarantee and I ordered it just in time for a big ride I had scheduled. Right away I knew I made the right choice. I put about 800 miles in pretty quick and I knew I wanted to keep it. The alternative had I not liked it was to hurry and return and get all my money back.

Then I could have took the stock seat and sent to Bad-X. So I guess to finally answer you I LOVE my Ultimates. I have never set in a Bad-X. I do know that Bad-X will do his best to get it right for you and they now offer more options. Whichever you decide to do, make sure you get the drivers backrest. With it I can do 700 miles in a day and never hurt like I did before.

Sorry for such a long answer.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Seats Empty Re: Ultimate Seats

Post  jedishon Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:06 am

Okay, pretty sure I know how you feel about your seat. Anybody with a badX mod out there that would like to let me know how they feel about theres? You don't have to be as elaborate as Muntz.
I had a Mustang on an previous bike. Mrs D loved it but after 7,000 miles my bum (english for you know what) would go numb after 35-40 minuets. I would like something that lasts longer than a few months. Tried Corbin once, and thats a big no thank you on that.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:32 am

I had a badx seat one time. I had one of his early works before all the new fangled foam was used. I liked the difference the in the seat because it sat me back and lower. I found that I was able to ride longer, but still had the dreaded butt burn. It still wasn't an all day comfort. I do a lot of 2 up riding so I also needed something for the passenger. I bought the Mustang and we both love it. Now, maybe I just have a tender bottom but I can still go 300 to 400 miles before I get sore. Usually the amount of time I spend off the bike gassing up is all it takes to get me ready to ride again. This was not the case for the stock and badx seats. Again, I have no experience with the new X seats, but for the cost it was a cheap start.

Good Luck.
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Yall might want to try some microfiber undies, I have found that helps alot. Also not my idea, stolen again.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Muntz wrote:Yall might want to try some microfiber undies, I have found that helps alot. Also not my idea, stolen again.

Not known for your original thoughts are ya? Shocked Twisted Evil I know that's not nice.......but it IS funny

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
Muntz wrote:Yall might want to try some microfiber undies, I have found that helps alot. Also not my idea, stolen again.

Not known for your original thoughts are ya? Shocked Twisted Evil I know that's not nice.......but it IS funny

See you out there
Smokey

Smokey, Cassie didn't kill you...Did you get the bike in the house?
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Yes the bike is in the house..... more importantly ....... I am alive..... Another plus is that the home puter died (my fault) and she can't get online and vent about what a bad guy I am and how I have destroyed her house. You would think that with 4400 square feet in the house she could give up about 30 feet of it to help a brother out, but......... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not gonna give it up peacefully. I cant really complain to loud...(she will be back here in a couple days) most of the house has my "stuff" strewn about as it is. The basement is all me, between the gaming area and the wood stove i have it full, but I do let her keep her laundry room down there. Laughing Laughing As long as it stays contained to its room of course. Got to go home to tear down the scoot. Have a great evening all

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:36 pm

smokey2255 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

No Im not. I'm just a fountain of other peoples useless information.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:32 pm

I spent the first year and a half on the stock seat and never had a problem with it. But, I ended up with some money to spend and I really wanted to make the bike a single seat. I do not want to carry a passenger as I don't want to be responsible for someone else's life. I bought the Ultimate lowrider for my 1300C and have never looked back. That little extra padding at the lower part of my bike really helps. Buying the single low rider seat was the most cost efficient way to go. Hope that helps. Oh, I'm 5'6" and normally weigh 145, but now weigh 165 from quitting smoking. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:28 pm

The simple best advise is to let your butt vote. Listen to everyone you want to listen to, but your butt should get the only vote. I like my Ultimate a great deal. I adore a driver's backrest, it makes a TON of difference in riding endurance.
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:27 pm

emailed them last night about a seat for the VT1100C Shadow Spirit.. No response so far.????

Maybe I should call?
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Sure, what can it hurt?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Seats Empty seats

Post  Tommy Kelly Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:45 am

We have the ultimate big boy set. To say we are pleased would be a big understatement. The stock seats we both could only make about 70 miles and had to stop and walk around for a while to get the feeling back in our butts. Now with the ultimate set I wish I had a larger tank so I wouldn't have to stop around 140 miles for gas. At mothers day this past year I took the wife out to lunch. She wanted to know why we left home at 7:30 in the morning to eat lunch well when we got back from lunch the bike went 647 miles to eat lunch. We ate lunch at Lamberts in foley Ala. we live in Rolling Fork Ms. Just a nice ride and some good food along with the nice day .

Tommy Kelly

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  TennX Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 pm

I started out with the badx riders choice before he got fancy, I really liked the way it put me down and back on the scoot and really felt in control of the scoot,but it needed work as the seat put pressure on my thighs because my feet were being held up off the floorboards he wanted to work with me but I didnt want to do the back and forth thing, so I sold it and got a saddlemen renegade solo with the gel and this was a good seat but it became apparent that at my age I was going to need a backrest so I got a mustang solo with drivers backrest its a good seat but I dont like the way it puts my old boys in the tank, so I think my next seat will be a ultimate big boy, or maybe just go ahead and get the wing. have a good one
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:49 pm

I lasted about a week with the stocker. I bought a mustang dual at the other site and loved the looks of it. But, It set me too high off the ground and I was at high tippy toes. I sold it and bought the ultimate lowrider. Much better, though even with progressive shocks and 165 tire, I'm not flat footed yet but real close. Hubby has the stocker 1300c BadX'd with single layer of memory foam. Had it taken down and not back as he is short legged too. He loves it and I've ridden it numerous time and could have easily gone with that one and been pleased. Now, because he wants the option of being solo most of the time, We've acquired an 1800c earlier model stock and it's at badX now as we speak. I think he's promised the stock badX to inspecDarkside.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:01 pm

You guys have the benefit of both to try. Thats kinda what I did with Mustang and Ultimate. When it came down to my final choice it was all about comfort. Now I dont ever want to sit in a Bad X. If I ever did, and liked it more than my Ultimate Lowrider, I'd probably shoot myself for having spent so much on seats in the first place.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Muntz wrote:You guys have the benefit of both to try. Thats kinda what I did with Mustang and Ultimate. When it came down to my final choice it was all about comfort. Now I dont ever want to sit in a Bad X. If I ever did, and liked it more than my Ultimate Lowrider, I'd probably shoot myself for having spent so much on seats in the first place.

With your luck ( bad aim aint sure which) you'd probably shoot your foot.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:14 pm

jedishon wrote:
Muntz wrote:You guys have the benefit of both to try. Thats kinda what I did with Mustang and Ultimate. When it came down to my final choice it was all about comfort. Now I dont ever want to sit in a Bad X. If I ever did, and liked it more than my Ultimate Lowrider, I'd probably shoot myself for having spent so much on seats in the first place.

With your luck ( bad aim aint sure which) you'd probably shoot your foot.

Jerry
LMAO
You'd never know With a weapons jam, I hit 46 out of 48 for Uncle Sam. After that they wanted to send me to sniper school. I was already to sign up when they asked how I felt about peeing and pooping on myself. Ahhhhhhhhh No Thanks!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Muntz wrote:
LMAO
You'd never know With a weapons jam, I hit 46 out of 48 for Uncle Sam. After that they wanted to send me to sniper school. I was already to sign up when they asked how I felt about peeing and pooping on myself. Ahhhhhhhhh No Thanks!

lol, I can't help but laugh when I use to be a P.M.I. (Primary Marksmanship Instructor) for the Marine Corps I went down to an Army range to work with some reservists and saw what they had to qualify with. Never had to think when I was firing at 300 yards, just point and shoot. When it came to the 500 that's when the wind actually came into play in most of the time.

Here's the 500 yard line at a range in NC
Ultimate Seats 496717831_b0966b61db
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:49 pm

cerooth wrote:
Muntz wrote:
LMAO

lol, I can't help but laugh when I use to be a P.M.I. (Primary Marksmanship Instructor) for the Marine Corps I went down to an Army range to work with some reservists and saw what they had to qualify with. Never had to think when I was firing at 300 yards, just point and shoot. When it came to the 500 that's when the wind actually came into play in most of the time.

Here's the 500 yard line at a range in NC
Ultimate Seats 496717831_b0966b61db

Now that looks like a challenge.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:14 pm

It's easier if you just follow your training and do what the range coach told you to help compensate for the wind. They did hate it when they claimed that they couldn't do it without a scope and I "Trained" them in the proper technique after hours. Just think of being in your natural point of aim for about 3-5 hours dry firing the entire time.Shocked May seem harsh to some but it was just another day at the office for me and it taught them the right way to fire their rifle. Twisted Evil
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 pm

cerooth wrote:It's easier if you just follow your training and do what the range coach told you to help compensate for the wind. They did hate it when they claimed that they couldn't do it without a scope and I "Trained" them in the proper technique after hours. Just think of being in your natural point of aim for about 3-5 hours dry firing the entire time.Shocked May seem harsh to some but it was just another day at the office for me and it taught them the right way to fire their rifle. Twisted Evil
Yep glad it wasn't me. Although I would have loved to shoot some of those 50 cal's. That show "Future Weapons" makes me drool. :cyclops:
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:18 pm

What they won't tell you is most of the 50cal ammo is from WWII. I think it's almost $16-$22 a round and I ain't that rich to try to get any.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Has anyone done their own seat mods? If so what did you use...gel or memory foam or both....And where did you get it. I am having a hard time picturing how to make the passenger seat wider.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:12 pm

jedishon wrote:Has anyone done their own seat mods? If so what did you use...gel or memory foam or both....And where did you get it. I am having a hard time picturing how to make the passenger seat wider.....

Jerry

I think Twin has modded a seat. We talked about doing mine, but I dont know anything about it personally. I would think in order to make it wider you would need to add material to the seat pan itself, but thats just a SWAG. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next