Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

concours 1400

5 posters

Go down

concours 1400 Empty concours 1400

Post  maurice Wed May 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Looking down the road at this bike, maybe a yr. or 2 in the future. Wondered if anyone has ct on it?

maurice
maurice
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

concours 1400 Empty Re: concours 1400

Post  SeanEdmunds Sun May 09, 2010 9:04 pm

I can't imagine anyone WANTING to run a car tire on a sport tourer like the C-14. But that is my opinion only. I really like the looks of this bike as well. I just can't imagine a car tire on it. I would love to hear from someone that has this bike that does though.

SeanEdmunds

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Wed May 12, 2010 6:18 pm

SeanEdmunds wrote:I can't imagine anyone WANTING to run a car tire on a sport tourer like the C-14. But that is my opinion only. I really like the looks of this bike as well. I just can't imagine a car tire on it. I would love to hear from someone that has this bike that does though.

I like the concours or sport tourer NOT to carve up the mountains so to speak, but because of the power, smooth motor( inline 4 or even v4) comfort for long distance riding, and tank is larger than most cruiser tanks. The fjr site said they can run the ct on it with a slight modification, I think caliper, to make it fit. hoping the same with the connie.

maurice
maurice
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed May 12, 2010 7:25 pm

The FJRs are running darkside, there is a linkage bracket made out of ultra thin sheet metal bent in a C that they replace with a piece of 3/4 by 1/8th inch flat stock. Run them hard dragging pegs and carving up the twisties. Sticks like glue. Thought about the fjr myself. Dont know about the connie though.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalman Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:12 pm

If it is reported that the C14 will accept and work well with a CT, that might be the deciding factor for me to buy one. I am not looking for a canyon burner, I just want a bike that fits me well, and the C14 does.

Metalman

Number of posts : 57
Location : Hernando Beach, FL (winter); Rineyville, KY (summer)
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

concours 1400 Empty C10 Concours

Post  Danodemotoman Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:59 am

On my third ct tire on the Concours C10. Wont go back. Traction is better with rear ct. Mileage is 20k plus v/s 8k on mc tire.
Many coments are focused on the economics but that is but one factor. More traction equals improved safety IMO.
Yes, had to modify rear brake caliper bracket but it was an easy machining job plus two 1/8" washers to put the caliper outboard 1/4". Tire selection on the old Connie ios limited due to the narrow swingarm. 165/80-15 an using the 15" Eliminator wheel. as the Connie was sourced from that model.
As mentioned in other posts the tire presure affects the handling/traction. in the twisties. I prefer 40 psi on tour and 35 psi when getting sporty.

Danodemotoman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down