Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a concern........maybe needlessly??

4 posters

Go down

Got a concern........maybe needlessly?? Empty Got a concern........maybe needlessly??

Post  Bulldogparts Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Alright, Bobbie decided she wanted to start out on the Darkside....."might as well learn to ride on it from the start", she said. I searched on here and found that most of the Shadows were running a 195/65-15. I bought the Michelin Hydro Edge. I just took the rear tire off to have the CT mounted. Just for kicks, and my ever-curious curiousity, (yeah, I don't have many lives left) I put the CT under the fender just to have a look. Dang!!! That thing rubs the fenders and it ain't even on the rim with air in it yet!! So, just to make sure............the bike is a 1992......1992.....1992 Honda VT1100C Shadow. I stress 1992 wondering if the fenders might be narrower than the newer bikes that are going Darkside now?? I just don't want to have the thing mounted, and then have to dismount it, and go buy a MT. Can anyone enlighten me?? My inside fender width is 8". Thanks, Randy
Bulldogparts
Bulldogparts

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Got a concern........maybe needlessly?? Empty Re: Got a concern........maybe needlessly??

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 am

We suggested the 165/80/15 the VW tire as far as I know!!!!!.....not the 195!!!! The 195 is a wider tire.

.........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Got a concern........maybe needlessly?? Empty Re: Got a concern........maybe needlessly??

Post  heb4an12 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 am

I run the 165/80/15 on my 86 shadow with plenty of room
good luck Very Happy

heb4an12

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bulldogparts Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Yup. It was needless. Got the 195 mounted today, came home, and with no more persuasion than it took for the 205 on my VTX, it was on and cleared the fender. I can't believe the difference in how the CT handles on a lighter bike though. The first time on my gravel driveway on the 1800, I almost lost it. With the VT1100, it was almost like riding a 250 dirt bike or something. No comparison at all. Bobbie even got on it and rode it around the yard and said she could tell no difference from the MT that was on it at first. I think she's gonna do just fine on it. Thanks to everyone for your input on whether or not to put her on the CT from the start. I let her make up her own mind, and she's happy so far with her decision.
Bulldogparts
Bulldogparts

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Welcome to the darkside!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum