Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It can be done...Break out the biscuit's

4 posters

Go down

It can be done...Break out the biscuit's Empty It can be done...Break out the biscuit's

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Lucky dude right here...If you can watch it to the end check out the slow motion Shocked

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

It can be done...Break out the biscuit's Empty Re: It can be done...Break out the biscuit's

Post  smokey2255 Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Like i have said all along. You got to be under power when you hit them. All videos I have seen where the rider keeps it up have throtle rolled on and keep the rear tire powered up.
Most of these happen too quick for the rider to do anything at all. At the same time I have talked to leo's that work scenes where the riders are hurt bad or killed in a deer strike and these almost all show where the rider locked up and/or swerved drastically to avoid the unaoidable.

Hold your line and hold your throttle. Practice practice practice.

How in the hell do you practice hitting a deer? (yep I read your mind) I do this several ways, 1) everytime I see any animal on or near the road my mind screams DEER. I roll on the throttle and brace for impact. 2) I will be cruising along and my mind just screams Deer, again roll on and brace. The getting your mind to scream is also just practice too. Of course I hear voices anyway Laughing Actually I have taught myself to do this using triggers that I dont even notice anymore. Stuff like tar snakes that run across my path, patches in the road, all kinds of stuff works as triggers. If you play with it long enough there is absolutely no conscious thought that goes into it. It is all second nature, when the practicing becomes second nature the real strike will go down the same way.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

It can be done...Break out the biscuit's Empty Re: It can be done...Break out the biscuit's

Post  Badmoon Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up and the lesson. I have not heard that and it makes complete sense. I will start the training tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Peace and it was a wonderful Christmas. Hope yours was too.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

It can be done...Break out the biscuit's Empty Re:It can be done...Break out the biscuits

Post  bandito_two Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:45 am

One would hope that there aren't 8 other deer with an attached sleigh. affraid :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: 🎅
I have a friend who had the misfortune of crossing paths with Wiley Coyote on a southbound expressway at 65 MPH on his Honda Reflex scooter a while back. He survived it OK, (my friend that is, not the coyote) but it busted up the plastic bodywork somewhat and bruised him up some too. He was wearing riding gear with installed armor. He was quite amazed at his good fortune considering what could have happened.
Soon as he hit it, he got tossed off the bike and it apparently kept going...sort of, and as he was sliding along down the pavement, he's thinking.....OK, I'm still alive, but where the heck is my bike? Just at that moment the bike that had been weaving back and forth down the road finally turned too tight for it to stay upright, high sided and launched itself directly over his head and proceded then to slide and spin around on it's side with the headlights rotating around like a lighthouse beacon. He described the whole thing as surreal. No kidding dude!

Mike B.

(Rochester Hills Michigan Double Dark Side Rider)
(2007 Honda Reflex Sport "Scarlet")
(Hercules G2000T 155/80R12 car tire on the back.)
(Pirelli Diablo 150/70-13 scooter rear tire on the front.)

(2006 Honda FSC600A Silverwing) as yet unnamed
(Michelin Destiny 175/70/R13 car tire on the back.)
(Michelin Gold Standard 150/70-14) scooter rear tire on the front.)
bandito_two
bandito_two

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum