Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net

+9
wrongway
twin1300
simpleman77
CaribCruiser
jedishon
Badmoon
smokey2255
85V-TWIN
currently
13 posters

Go down

People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net Empty People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net

Post  currently Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

A post was made a week or so ago on sportbikes.net about yall and I kind of just watched it develop. Some supported the idea for touring while others seem to think its a saftey hazard. Out of 100 posts Only 1 person actually has any personal experience.

I post here asking yall to chime in. I'm curious to see what people with actual experience have to say about it. Hopefully yall make posts on the Sportbikes.net topic but I understand its a pain in the ass to register. If you do post over there please ignore the shit head posts. I know its easy to jump on them but then it will just turn into even more of a pissing match. I really am interested to see what yalls experiences are on it and i'm sure others are too.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/426907-dark-side-riders.html

Hope to see yall over there.

currently

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net Empty Re: People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net

Post  85V-TWIN Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:45 pm

i wont be posting on any sight where there is arguments about a ct..totall waste of my time.now,my experience since ive been ridin on a ct for bout 10k miles is, i love it and there is no way in hell i would ever go back to a mt.with my ct,i have better traction (believe it or not),better braking,and overall excellent ride.anyone that rides on a ct will tell you, you can damn sure ride it harder in the curves that a mt.it is allso far superior to a mt in the rain.me personally,i wouldnt care if i was the only one in the whole world that was ridin on a ct.i love it,and thats all that matters.that bout sums it up for me lol.Happy Holidays 🎅
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net Empty Re: People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net

Post  smokey2255 Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey Currently, better yet post a link to our forum or site and let them come over here to lurk and learn or better yet join us. First and foremost we are riders, we just happen to be a breed that is not afraid to buck conventional thoughts and beliefs.
If we all just went with the status quo we would be teaching our kids that the earth is flat and for sure would not have advanced to the point of having computers and space travel. Hell a hundred years ago or so it was common knowledge that man could not fly, see where that got them.
I too will not join bikersnet just to try to enlighten them. We have been down that road and it leads nowhere. I personally am at 40k+ on a car tire and I will not put a mc tire on anything that is capable of taking a car tire.
Here is just a short list of bikes I know can and do run car tires.
In the interest of saving a bunch of typing we can safely say that all metric cruisers are capable and most are covered here on our forum.
Gold wings
valkyries
fjr 1300
several scooter brands are running them now.
Wrongway is running a CT on his bad assed drag sport bike
Victory has several makes with car tires on them now.
Old school harleys and some of the new newer ones.

As anyone that wants to come check us out can see by looking around the site we have most brands covered and have people riding on them here.
We wont go there looking for a fight but they are more than welcome to come here and see for them selves and if interested several of us are willing to hookup with someone in our area and let them watch the car tire in action.
Copy and paste this over there if you care to.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 pm

That was a really nice way to say. "Screw them heard headed, non open minded, followers."
I was one of them at one time. Then I saw the light and it was DARK.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:08 am

A car tire is not for everyone, only brave, cheap, darksiders.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:26 pm

I agree not to discuss with others who already have made up their mind.
On the other hand, one post (Twin's explanation) with the link to our site
doesn't do any harm.
Thx. for your post Currently, appreciate the way you wrote it.
Happy holidays to you all.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:03 pm

jedishon wrote:A car tire is not for everyone, only brave, cheap, darksiders.

Jerry

Well said, Jerry. No need to go and start a discussion (argument) on another board.

I came to the darkside about a year ago. Put my first c/t on the day after Memorial Day 2009. I did alot of research, listened to all that both sides had to say and came to realize that the naysayers had no data and very little coherant reasoning and/or logic behind their sometimes uncontrolled rants against using a car tire on a motorcycle.

I took some time to get to know, through their posts, the people on this board and developed a respect for them, faith in what they said and the logic that they used. I say all this to show that I came to the darkside through a process, one that I was open to because of the ridiculously low mileage that I got from a set of motorcycle tires and the thinness of my wallet. I am glad that I found this board and that I am now running a Federal 165/80/15 on my 2001 VLX.

All of this would have never happened if I wasn't first open to thinking outside the box. Most people aren't open to that but the people who frequent this board are. For that I'm thankful and not willing to pick an argument elsewhere. Let the blind remain in their comfortable little hovels doing the same thing day after day without question. Me, I think I'll go ride. Laughing

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:53 pm

I for one now that we have our site will NOT get into that useless ramble again. As some of you know, I used to be the agitator, instigator, idiot that's gonna die in a big ball of flames as well as Smokey and Toasted on other sites and got tired of the trolls who just like to hear their selves rant without any data. I appreciate the thought, but I just want to lay low and welcome our new friends and RIDE my darkside! I'm with Moon, I saw the light and it was dark!......... Very Happy

If they don't want none of this....they don't have to take any! More car tires for us...hehehehe that's if we can ever wear them out.

..........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 am

twin1300 wrote:I for one now that we have our site will NOT get into that useless ramble again. As some of you know, I used to be the agitator, instigator, idiot that's gonna die in a big ball of flames as well as Smokey and Toasted on other sites and got tired of the trolls who just like to hear their selves rant without any data. I appreciate the thought, but I just want to lay low and welcome our new friends and RIDE my darkside! I'm with Moon, I saw the light and it was dark!......... Very Happy

If they don't want none of this....they don't have to take any! More car tires for us...hehehehe .that's if we can ever wear them out

..........................bobby

You can wear them out in the same amount of time that you can a mt. You just have to ride 4 times as much. (don't forget that this is a secret)

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wrongway Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:52 pm

maybe they need skinny little tires 'cause they dont have any torque :-)

here is a dyno orun i just made with the darkside bike
People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net Dynorun

Roy
wrongway
wrongway

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  BeHereNow Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:27 am

Well, when I know someone has their head up their butt I don't mind pointing it out.
When I see posts like "CT should be illegal because of the danger they pose to the rest of us safe MC riders", I feel a need to respond.
Information is valuable, and I don't mind sharing the wealth.

I don't expect to be able to educate every butthead, but there are always some lurkers who need to hear both sides.
I don't intend to change minds, I do intend to offer valuable information. If the information changes minds, it won't bother me.

As I pointed out in some posts, it is more than a budget issue. I want to ride my Rocket like a real motorcycle, and I want to feel safe, and that wasn't happening with a MCT that was on steel belts after 3500 miles, bald after 3000 miles, and greasy on wet roads after 2500 miles.

You can't put a price on peace of mind, or safety, and that's what the Darkside gives me.
Big power cruisers want to be on the Darkside. It is where they belong.
JMHO
Others are free to disagree.

BeHereNow

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:53 pm

very eloquently stated!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  yank Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:07 am

I rode my Dads old army HD surplus bike he had back in the late 50's and it had C/Ts as a stock tires,front and rear,

Doug
yank
yank

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

People have been talking about you guys on sportbikes.net Empty MT vs CT

Post  starider Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree with you guys. Who cares what they say.
Most sportbike riders wont be happy buying anything unless it comes from a motorcycle dealer and pay twice what the parts worth.
Putting a CT on a bike shows ingenuity and guts as well as good common sense.
The motorcycle junkyards are full of sportbikes. Cool
starider
starider

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum