Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It isn't the destination it is the journey?

+5
simpleman77
smokey2255
jedishon
Badmoon
Huzzunga_Din
9 posters

Go down

It isn't the destination it is the journey? Empty It isn't the destination it is the journey?

Post  Huzzunga_Din Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:03 am

Okay, my "daily journey" is about 4 miles. Today it was 12 degrees, and I disagree with my topic heading and the idea that "It is the journey, not the detsination". 12 degrees with a bad ass wind chill plus another 40 mile per hour wind chill from traveling speed right into that north wind means I only cared about getting to the warm shop at work I could have cared less about the "journey on the motorcycle".
Okay, I feel better, as I have warmed up after 2 hours. It isn't the destination it is the journey? Icon_biggrin
Huzzunga_Din
Huzzunga_Din

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

It isn't the destination it is the journey? Empty Re: It isn't the destination it is the journey?

Post  Badmoon Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:41 am

70* here today. Nice day to ride.
I dont know that that feels like to ride in those temps and I dont envy you at all.

Ride safe.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

It isn't the destination it is the journey? Empty Re: It isn't the destination it is the journey?

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:35 am

Lowest I go is 20.
Any colder and I would have to get some winter riding gear.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:19 am

I experience shrivelage under 50* I dont have the clothing to ride below those temps.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Badmoon wrote:I experience shrivelage under 50* I dont have the clothing to ride below those temps.

Mrs. Moon said it happens more like under 100 degrees ..... but thats just hear say Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Badmoon wrote:I experience shrivelage under 50* I dont have the clothing to ride below those temps.

+1. Very rare for me to ride below 50. I will if I KNOW that it's going to warm up later in the day.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm

It was 12 here this AM and the high the past 4 days was 30 to 32. No, I havent been rideing.
The bike is on a batt. thender.

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:02 am

smokey2255 wrote:

Mrs. Moon said it happens more like under 100 degrees ..... but thats just hear say Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey

OH SNAP. Nice burn.
You are living up to my expectations.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:04 am

Badmoon wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

OH SNAP. Nice burn.
You are living up to my expectations.

Peace
Moon

He get ornry when Cassie get after him.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyrx Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:27 am

I guess I'm getting old (actually, I KNOW I'm getting old) I used to start riding here in NW Indiana when the temp got above 35 degress, and there was no ice on the road. NOW I wait till its 40 degrees. ( helps if you have a fairing and windshield, and the warm air vents by your feet. GOLDWINGS AND OLD GUYS RULE.)
Mikeyrx

mikeyrx

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 am

26 degrees is the coldwst I have ridden. At that time I had the batwing fairing on and get most of me out of the wind. Now that the rotten pumpkin is runnin naked there is no way I am riding that damn cold. Next bike will be a lot more capable of keeping me protected from the elemets (I hope). I do love the ride but like to be able to drink my coffee or water as I am riding. If you have never raised your facepiece on a modular helmet when it is below 30 out and tried to take a drink of your coffee let me just say it is an experience you will not soon forget. It is so cold that you cant breath and who would wanna breath that fridgid air. By the time I got to work (50 miles) my insulated travel mug had ice forming inside of it. Call me a sis but no more of that for me .... on this scoot anyway.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:33 am

Couple years ago a friend and I took off on a 500 mile one way ride to Hattiesburg, Mississippi . It was 9 degrees when we pulled the bikes out of my garage. We had bitter cold in Tennessee got hit with snow and ice in Alabama and pouring rain in Mississippi that day.Only thing that got cold on me was my ears and neck. I've shared this with y'all before but I'll say it again...If you love to ride as I do and do it year around go ahead and buy some Gerbing heated gear. When you go price this stuff you will get sticker shock but trust me on this it's the best money you will ever spend to ride in comfort year around.

It isn't the destination it is the journey? SaltRide2009
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Goose Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Huzzunga_Din wrote:Okay, my "daily journey" is about 4 miles. Today it was 12 degrees, and I disagree with my topic heading and the idea that "It is the journey, not the detsination". 12 degrees with a bad ass wind chill plus another 40 mile per hour wind chill from traveling speed right into that north wind means I only cared about getting to the warm shop at work I could have cared less about the "journey on the motorcycle".
Okay, I feel better, as I have warmed up after 2 hours. It isn't the destination it is the journey? Icon_biggrin
OK, I have to say I don't luv riding in 20* weather, however I also would have to say
that I've never felt more alive than when I'm riding in the cold! I'd whole lot rather be
riding in the cold as driving my P/U when it's hot! (IMO)
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down