Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Darkside experience.

3 posters

Go down

My Darkside experience. Empty My Darkside experience.

Post  13gator69 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Back in june I bought a Michelin Hydr-edge 205\65R16 and some beads other than the Dyna beads that I had wanted to get, and with a couple of friends got this tire on my VTX 1800C. A little while after that, my Deathstar crashed, found a used model etc.., Later I bought this digital camera, I got into taking alot of pics only to find out that the pc I got for next to nothing isn't compatible with the camera I bought so forth I can't send out any pics of my WarMachine. I can tell you this that the ride has been extremely better since I got the CT on. I boght my tire at Elliots Tire Service in Butler,Pa. Les was a little nervous about what I planned to do but after getting the tire on I rode into town to show him and the Michelin Tire rep just happened to be there that day. He said if you can do so be it and it keeps me in business of selling tires. The balence beads I used were ceramical beads that I got off Les when I bought the tire.(Paid $ 127.00 + Tax;$ 131.00 out the door plus $ 7.00 for a 7 oz bag of beads ) Haven't noticed any wobble or anything out of the ordinary< I was 2-up after tire was put on. I did notice that if the roads have any kind of an uneven surface there is like a ripple effect. I road up til about 4 days ago. I have 6,000 miles on it now, my frt mc tire is shot, That Exedra only has tread on the sidewalls. I've decided to go with a rear on the frt,Kenda Cruise130 70\17 and reverse the tread pattern. Running out of time and needing and inspection I went to see Ray up in Sligo,Pa. very nice,good sense of humor and out the door for about $ 15.00. I've been able to keep my speed in turns posted at 45MPH doing around 50 in a turn,holeshots are unbelievable,able to stop quicker(I guess its cause I've got more rubber on the road). I did a few experiements like decreasing speed in a turn and letting the bike raise and it does,If you don't keep your lean on it will stand you up,stay off freshly tar and chipped roads where they've used more oil tha they should've(California roll at a stop sign n 2nd gear shifting to 3rd,4th doing 60 and not going anywhere) or (its 25 degrees out your 100 yards from driveway going around bend in 2nd doing a spinning fishtail still moving, frt straight,BLACK ICE!!!!). I still wish I could've sent some pics but, my ride is basic,Maltese cross mirrors, stock everything,leather bags, Paid Off. Hopefully next year will be better and can afford some upgrades. Hey see ya, keep the rubber side down!!! Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

My Darkside experience. Empty Darkside experience

Post  13gator69 Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:01 am

Me again. Sorry forgot to mention a few others written down. My air pressure is 43.5 lbs,won''t run an underinflated tire,twisted my shocks up 1 notch,didn't know about the bracket under the fender(2 late tires on now,later),went on a poker run this year 360 miles with the normal 5 stops 2 pick a card only that about 150 miles of this wasin a hard down pour. 1 other bad part is I run ghost brackets on my cut down leather bags. they stick out an inch from the struts(nice gap)plus I need 2 make a new mudflap. Thanks again Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

My Darkside experience. Empty Re: My Darkside experience.

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:04 am

thanks for the rundown! Glad you like it! Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:11 am

Gator it sounds like you are a darksider for life.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down