Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Dark, looking for tire input.

+3
horseman8m
nodakbassmaster
Northstar
7 posters

Go down

Going Dark, looking for tire input. Empty Going Dark, looking for tire input.

Post  Northstar Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Im at the point where Im just gonna do it. Local Tire store has the potenza grid 019 and the firestone affinity. The firestone is 25 bucks cheaper. I know lots of guys run the potenza but havent read of anyone running the affinity. Any input on this????
Going on 03 vtx 1800c

Northstar

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Going Dark, looking for tire input. Empty Re: Going Dark, looking for tire input.

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:17 pm

if it'll fit and is a decent speed rating it ought to be worth a try!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Going Dark, looking for tire input. Empty Re: Going Dark, looking for tire input.

Post  horseman8m Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:21 pm

YES
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Goose Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Ain't it awesome going to the Darkside, boldly going where no one has been, you go for it Northstar! geek
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:18 pm

I've got several friends running the G019 on their Valks. If they made it in 205/65HR16 I would have put it on mine.
X Ring
X Ring

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  bluedog Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:13 pm

But those sound like car tires ,are you drunk or crazy

bluedog

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Considering where I used to work, you didn't have to be crazy to work there but it sure helped. As far as being drunk, I'm in a dry county 4 counties south of you. Very Happy
X Ring
X Ring

Back to top Go down

Post  bluedog Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Welcome always good to hear from a fellow dry countying ? counting??,glad to know some one else made it out of the nut house,got 2 bikes darkside like 'em both

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Northstar Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:13 pm

Well I stepped over today. Give it time and see what happens. Went with the bridgestone potenza G019. Rode it 20 miles, stopped for gas and forgot about it. Didnt notice much difference after getting gas. First few miles were interesting. (It was in my head lol! . Im gonna like it.

Northstar

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:44 am

bluedog wrote:Welcome always good to hear from a fellow dry countying ? counting??,glad to know some one else made it out of the nut house,got 2 bikes darkside like 'em both

Well Bluedog, we're just going to have to meet up somewhere in between someday and go riding.
X Ring
X Ring

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 am

Northstar wrote:Well I stepped over today. Give it time and see what happens. Went with the bridgestone potenza G019. Rode it 20 miles, stopped for gas and forgot about it. Didnt notice much difference after getting gas. First few miles were interesting. (It was in my head lol! . Im gonna like it.

Go for it Northstar. I succumbed to the DarkSide Halloween weekend and have approximately 1500 miles on mine so far.
X Ring
X Ring

Back to top Go down

Post  bluedog Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:59 am

[quote="X Ring"]
bluedog wrote:Welcome always good to hear from a fellow dry countying ? counting??,glad to know some one else made it out of the nut house,got 2 bikes darkside like 'em both

Well Bluedog, we're just going to have to meet up somewhere in between someday and go riding.[/quote
Sounds like a good thought,i do seem to ride to the coast pretty often

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Northstar Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 am

Anybody use BB's to balance there tires?

Northstar

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Are you asking about Dyna Beads?
X Ring
X Ring

Back to top Go down

Post  Northstar Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:46 am

I know about the Dyna beads, I have several pounds of BB's running around. Would think its the same principle just different material?

Northstar

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 am

Due to the material BBs are made of I wouldnt think it would be a good idea as the metal could be damaged. Then the edges start cutting the interior of the tire. I remember some people talking about using airsoft BBs.
X Ring
X Ring

Back to top Go down

Post  Northstar Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:56 am

Good point, didnt think about that. Will wait and see if I get anymore thoughts..............

Northstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:58 am

Northstar wrote:Good point, didnt think about that. Will wait and see if I get anymore thoughts..............

Contact Twin 1300. He is running the airsoft pellets in his CT.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum