Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat

5 posters

Go down

Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat Empty Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat

Post  WingDayTrader Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 am

Installed yesterday - ordered from a local tire dealer, they installed but couldn't balance. Went to CycleGear at Cedat Bluff rd. to buy some dynabeads and they didn't carry, but offered to spin balance for free - I accepted.

First ride was smooth. Just a little different turning into turns. Not bad, just different.

Looking forward to putting on some miles.

Good to be here.

WingDayTrader

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat Empty Re: Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat

Post  marine-mp Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:12 am

WingDay Trader'
I've had my Kuhmo on now for about 14,000 miles. 32 psi. I think it is one of the best. Along with the BattlAx front (rear 39 psi) tire on the front that had about 19,000 on it, I believe it is a combination that can't be beat. The sides of the Kuhmo are wearing but the middle looks new. Living in the mountains does that!!!! I will have to change them out sometime, but not soon. Live long and prosper. Semper-fi MIke

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat Empty 01 GL1800

Post  Maxwing Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Dealers fought me, made it costly and inconvenient, one service dept when I told them i had an 01 wanted to know if it was an interstate or Aspencade. So I did it my self. local mounted the tire on the wheel for 15.00, the tire cost me 83. then i loosened the nuts while on side stand. put on center stand took off rear panel ( 5 screws and lic plate) loosened one side of bar. took out screws from wheel. removed the old tire (pays to have a spare wheel) put in new tire ( had to thump it a little). put on nuts tightened some. put bike back on side stand used a tywrap to secure brake lever. tightened nuts with torque wrench. put rear panel back on took it FOR A RIDE. Handles different thats all. took my about 1.5 hrs actual will be less the next time. oh did i mention i am 65 with both hips replaced. I am now having a beer to celebrate and taking 2 Advils. :)javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')

Maxwing

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat Empty Re: Newbie on a 2008 Wing Audio/Comfort/Gps/Abs with a Kuhmo 195/55/16 runflat

Post  Hambone Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Reading this, and many other forums, talking to other Wing riders convinced me a couple of months ago to give the Dark Side a try. Just needed to wait on Dunlops to die. Noticed after a ride last weekend that both are cupped with the front cupped enough, along with wearing a lot on the left side, that it is time. After a lot of research, I ordered the BT-45 for the front. Should be here in a few days. Also went with Kumho Run Flat 195-55 for the rear. Tire dealer will install but not balance. The center hole is too small. Will let erryone know how it goes.
Hambone
Hambone

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Hambone wrote:Reading this, and many other forums, talking to other Wing riders convinced me a couple of months ago to give the Dark Side a try. Just needed to wait on Dunlops to die. Noticed after a ride last weekend that both are cupped with the front cupped enough, along with wearing a lot on the left side, that it is time. After a lot of research, I ordered the BT-45 for the front. Should be here in a few days. Also went with Kumho Run Flat 195-55 for the rear. Tire dealer will install but not balance. The center hole is too small. Will let erryone know how it goes.

With that tire I would check the pressure every day before riding, unless you have a monitoring system. The run flats can be riden flat with out knowing, overheat and explode out from under you. Not saying it will, just advising caution.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hambone Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for the advise Jerry. Keep a close watch on the pressure as a normal action. Kept the cupping down on the Dunlops until They were up in the miles. Keep shiney side up!
Hambone
Hambone

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down