Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8

2 posters

Go down

Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8 Empty Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:10 am

Ride in on friday November 6 we plan to vist Shiloh National Military Park and Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park on saturday November 7.We will be staying at the Econo Lodge in Lexington,Tennessee the phone number for reservations is 731-968-0171 you will need a room for both friday and saturday night November 6 & 7 .We'll ride mostly two lane state highways and rural backroad's whenever possible to and from both parks.Should be a great ride in a beautiful area...Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile

Bloody Shiloh.....

“No soldier who took part in the two day’s engagement at Shiloh ever spoiled for a fight again,” recalled one Union veteran. “We wanted a square, stand-up fight and got all we wanted of it.” Besides preserving the site of the bloody April 1862 battle in Tennessee, the park commemorates the subsequent siege, battle, and occupation of the key railroad junction at nearby Corinth, Mississippi.

Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8 Wheel
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8 Empty Re: Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Just gettin' this back to the top with hopes that someone on this site might join us ...I'll have 9 bikes rollin with me out of Knoxville ,Tennessee . If you can't make Knoxville meet us in Lexington , Tennessee on friday 11-6... We blocked off 25 rooms I checked last week and only 3 remained but the motel has plenty more. I'm guessin' we'll have 25 to 30 bikes on the ride saturday 11-6.

Shiloh Riders Showing Up In Knoxville ...Thursday 11-5
« on: Today at 05:29:41 PM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are the one's I know about as of now.

Dave Weaver from Indiana
Don ( Highbinder ) Tracy ( Lady Draco ) from Virginia
Paul ( Thumper ) from Georgia
Big Tom from Tennessee
Smokin'joe from Tennessee
Paul ( Nasty Nine ) from Tennessee
Big Al from Tennessee

Anyone else wanting to join us we are staying at The Motel 6 @ 402 Lovell Rd exit 374 off I-40 ...(865) 675-7200 ..... Weather is lookin' great as of now for the ride to Lexington,Tennessee this friday...We'll ride backroads 95% only jumping on the super slab about 20 miles to get through Nashville.....Bring It...LET'S RIDE
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8 Empty Re: Shiloh National Military Park Ride-In...Nov 6-7-8

Post  85V-TWIN Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:28 pm

where bouts is this park ? i noticed you said you have to go through nashville.must be closer to my direction.was thinkin bout ridin to lexington,but if your only comin back this way,maybe i'll just meet up instead.
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:25 pm

85V-TWIN wrote:where bouts is this park ? i noticed you said you have to go through nashville.must be closer to my direction.was thinkin bout ridin to lexington,but if your only comin back this way,maybe i'll just meet up instead.

Click the links below for information.

http://www.nps.gov/shil/index.htm

http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-lexington-tennessee-TN357
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down