Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stator help!

4 posters

Go down

Stator help! Empty Stator help!

Post  ttexastim Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Okay guys ... I'm busy slamming my head against the wall trying to resolve this charging issue. I started a thread on hsn about it in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=849255#849255

Do any of you have any suggestions? Stator checks out, Rectifier diode check is good. I have 13.5 V at idle, 13.2 V at ~ 3K RPM, and 13.2 V at ~5K RPM.

Seems like I have a problem, but I can't seem to find it. I used the diagram at www.electrosport.com, and it was good. It has me looking at my positive wiring from R.R to positive battery terminal. I just replaced a wire in that yesterday though, and I can't seem to find anything that looks bad. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Stator help! Empty Re: Stator help!

Post  horseman8m Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:48 pm

I thing after reading you post over on the shadow board, that it is the regulator (R/R).
Even though I don't have a shadow this is just what it sounds like to me.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:08 pm

The heat you feel is the amps being pulled through the wires. Even though the voltage reading is good you need to check the amps to confirm that everything is ok. This is where most people blow a fuse in their multimeter or worse. Safest way to check the amps is with an induction adaptor connected to the multimeter (a clamp looking device). Another thing is to fully check the rectifier/regulator, meaning that if you have 3 wires coming from the R/R then you'll have to perform 6 checks in total (on just the positive side and another 6 on the negitive side) to ensure that they are working properly. I would suggest having a note pad next to ya when ya do this to write down your readings. You should only get 6 numbers and 6 OL (not registering) when all said and done, if you have more numbers then that then the R/R is bad. To help clearify, you hook up the positive lead from the multimeter to the positive side (power source), and the negitive from the multimeter to the R/R, run through the tests and then switch the lead connections for a total of six tests. Then you follow the same steps on the negitive from the power source for another 6 tests. What this does is to test the R/R to ensure it is working properly. A diode is set up to allow current to flow in only one direction, and when it goes bad it allows current to flow in bothe directions. On the R/R if you find one of your diodes is bad, then it's best to replace the R/R.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Stator help! Empty Stator Plug

Post  B-Man Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't see any other posts on this, but have you checked the "YELLOW" plug under the seat??, it's at the front under other looms and has 3 yellow wires on both sides. The plug gets hot and melts so clip off the plug and solder and tape the wires. Good luck. Walt

B-Man

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum